Best thing I saw this morning | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best thing I saw this morning

Part of me likes it

Part of me knows he's just going to get billed a few hundred for the modem

drama queen

did he just recently realize Bell is a terrible company?
there have been a myriad of alternatives for a log time
drop off their junk and stop paying, no need for the production

It wasn't...but ya can't chop up the underground cable coming to your house in front the Bell store. lol

They are not called Bhell Hell for nothing. Many years ago I was on Bhell Hell and tried to get my payments sorted out. Eventually I went into a Bhell Hell store and was on the phone for 2. 1/2 hours. I knew the store manager. Just to let him know how long it takes to TRY and get your problems sorted out. I spoke to every customer that came in. I would sooner poke my eyes out with a hot poker than ever go to Bhell Hell.

Regardless of the service he received. He could have escalated his case to management and gotten it resolved.

Every company, including Bell has terrible service. If you experience it, that is unfortunate but you have to learn how to use it in your favor.

That is the modem 3000 which has a built-in router that also has fiber connection and a battery backup, it is an excellent piece of hardware that Bell charges $300 for and is actually worth the money.

Rogers has yet to catch up to Bell in terms of offering hardware that can match Bell's modem because they do not have fiber going to the modem directly and they do not have a battery backup either.

I find it really hard to believe that he knew what speed he should be getting and that he bothered to test it properly against other devices.

According to what he was saying, it sounds like Bell would have sent a technician to his home to test the speeds properly but there is no mention of this.

All in all, he could have sold his modem for at-least $200 to another Bell customer that had an older modem and didn't want to pay $300 to upgrade but was eligible for a fiber upgrade.

Considering that this a fiber modem, I am having a really hard time believing he experienced slow speeds... but then again, he fails to be specific about what exactly he was testing.

This video leaves me with a lot of questions...

Was he using Ethernet or WIFI?
Did he use multiple devices and different computers?
Did he test both the 2.4G and 5G wireless networks?
Did he investigate the different WIFI channels around his home?
Did he try to change the WIFI channels to ones that weren't as popular or being used?
Did he look for any kind of outside interference that could block the WIFI?

His story doesn't add up because he states 8 months ago he called everyday... What about all the other times after that?

EDIT: Also, Bell has changed since the last decade. I finally made the switch back to them 2 years ago and have zero complaints, especially since Rogers cannot even offer me the same service (Fiber to the modem, battery backup modem, the speed and price), and house phone that will continue to run without power.

FYI, I worked as a Computer Technician and I've had my fair share of Bell B.S so I very much well know how bad they used to be.

Last edited:
Regardless of the service he received. He could have escalated his case to management and gotten it resolved.

It seems to be a spin the wheel deal with Bell's service in the west end. Neighbour across the street is on fibe and he has no complaints. A friend in Ancaster is having the same issues as axe guy, with the same incompetence in addressing it. Send me a message at ____. Day later, you didn't respond to my message. It doesn't show up here. On my end it shows it as read __:__. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Bell sucks. Rogers sucks.
Tell this drama queen, attention wh**e to get over it.

It seems to be a spin the wheel deal with Bell's service in the west end. Neighbour across the street is on fibe and he has no complaints. A friend in Ancaster is having the same issues as axe guy, with the same incompetence in addressing it. Send me a message at ____. Day later, you didn't respond to my message. It doesn't show up here. On my end it shows it as read __:__. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Had a problem with a number change and the service person gave me her personal email address to keep up with progress. I sent an email to her and got an auto response "Not regularly checked"

I once got a final bill for one cent. The only was I could get that to work out was to charge PST on the then GST which wasn't by the rule book.

It's as if the company was being run by saboteurs.

Back
Top Bottom