Man strings wire across poles to “clothesline” motorcyclist off bike in Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Man strings wire across poles to “clothesline” motorcyclist off bike in Toronto

Makes you wonder what the biker must have done to upset the person so much that they wanted to do something so silly as attempt to kill the biker.

Hopefully the biker makes a recovery and sues the a-hole responsible.

heh, did find that thread.. guess it's too late now

Luckily for the rider the perp wasn't a hiker. They've taken it to a whole new level vs. motorcyclists and mountain bikers.

s1200_spikes.jpg

screen-shot-2012-04-23-at-7-21-04-pm.png

barbed-wire-633x355.jpg

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2016/07/12/safety/booby-traps/

Great, back to medieval times. AWESOME

Luckily for the rider the perp wasn't a hiker. They've taken it to a whole new level vs. motorcyclists and mountain bikers.

s1200_spikes.jpg

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2016/07/12/safety/booby-traps/

Wait, is this real??? I hope these photos made somewhere in Transylvania, not Canada..

Edit: read the story, it is in US.. anyway, looks like we need to watch for people standing on roadsides to make sure that they are trying to kill us... what a crazy world!

Last edited:
Hope he gets raped in jail.

with foresight
he could change his gender before sentencing
end up in a women's prison
then claim he's a lesbian
that would be my plan

I hear they are fed better in those places
and they get group hug time
to get over butthurt and other injuctices

My wife and I have done the Bruce Trail from end to end.The only place we ran into problems were in Belfountain.Someone had been painting over the real trail markers and redirecting hikers back where they came from.(only took us 5 minutes to figure it out) But they also put barbed wire across the trail in a few places.They weren't after mtn bikers,they hated the hikers.Sad world.

I don't know what to think. Guys, be careful.. I just hope that it is a very rare case here in Canada when someone wants to place medieval traps on public roads.

It's not that rare here. I've heard of several traps in the Niagara area on the Bruce trail and the canal trails in Welland/Allenburg. There was an article not to long ago about parents complaining about their young children being leashed on organized outings in the Bayview + Stouffvile SR trails. It was done for their own safety on account of the rash of traps that had been set in the woods.

It's not that rare here. I've heard of several traps in the Niagara area on the Bruce trail and the canal trails in Welland/Allenburg. There was an article not to long ago about parents complaining about their young children being leashed on organized outings in the Bayview + Stouffvile SR trails. It was done for their own safety on account of the rash of traps that had been set in the woods.

Damn, I never thought that such things can happen so close.. Looks like I will need to be extra careful when going to public parks/trails with my family..

with foresight
he could change his gender before sentencing
end up in a women's prison
then claim he's a lesbian
that would be my plan

I hear they are fed better in those places
and they get group hug time
to get over butthurt and other injuctices

LMAO I can't wait til people start employing this tactic

Back in the mid 70's when snowmobiling hit its apex, sledders were cutting farm fences and riding everywhere there was snow. "farmers" started putting wire across the gaps but only one wire, about windshield height. The more creative ones put 1/4 cable about 4" off the ground between fence posts, didnt really hurt the sledder but it would rip the skiis off the machine, buddy could then figure out how to get home.

Militants are everywhere, in rural Campbellville where I grew up they have targeted Mtn bikers on trails, dirt bikers, sledders and road bike guys at various times. Theres a lot of stupid out there.

Back
Top Bottom