I finally saw it happen, glad I didn't ride in this morning | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I finally saw it happen, glad I didn't ride in this morning

That is almost funny, he should have simply said it's illegal to overtake vehicles on the road shoulder, it certainly wasn't legislated an illegal act because you might encounter road debris.

I actually think the way the cop explained it was more empathetic and correct.

Rules and laws are meant to be broken if they don't make any sense; the only reason asinine rules/laws exist (HTA172, HOV no bikes, no filtering) is because people don't think and let fear mongering advertisements get to them.

As an example:

300km/h down Yonge St is a bad idea no matter how you spin it because there's too much stuff to avoid/observe at the speed.

300km/h up butt****-no-where-ville is okay giving the terrain is flat and there are no hidden intersections. Sure if a deer comes out you're ****ed but you'd be ****ed at 100km/h anyway. But this is illegal. Why?

Last edited:
油井緋色;2580816 said:
I actually think the way the cop explained it was more empathetic and correct.

Rules and laws are meant to be broken if they don't make any sense; the only reason asinine rules/laws exist (HTA172, HOV no bikes, no filtering) is because people don't think and let fear mongering advertisements get to them.

As an example:

300km/h down Yonge St is a bad idea no matter how you spin it because there's too much stuff to avoid/observe at the speed.

300km/h up butt****-no-where-ville is okay giving the terrain is flat and there are no hidden intersections. Sure if a deer comes out you're ****ed but you'd be ****ed at 100km/h anyway. But this is illegal. Why?

Regulations and Law are subject to change and will be broken by a difference of opinion. Should the masses and legislators agree with said opinion, only then would they actually be changed.

HTA172 (Racing, Stunting..) isn't asinine because the public roads were not designed for such activity, regardless if it can be practiced safely and by people that have the skill-set to do so.

HTA154 (HOV - High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes) can only be used by the vehicles printed on the signs and there are in some cases, HOV lanes that allow motorcycles.

There is no specific mentioning in the HTA that Filtering is Illegal.

300KM/h is not okay on public roads because nobody is ready for it including the deer. That doesn't mean it cannot be done safely however the margin for error is extremely small.

If you knew why 50KM over the posted limit came into affect, you'd understand that we have been punished for it every since Americans were coming over from New York to Ontario to participate in street racing and that was how Ontario decided to respond, all thanks to certain people that lead the charge in making this new legislation which since then has primarily screwed over many people that weren't even racing to begin with, just speeding 50KM over.

油井緋色;2580822 said:
Next time your mom changes by the window.

Apparently that's April 29.

That type of comment is inappropriate and taking things to far. Be civil or don't bother replying with such immature commentary.

:)

........300KM/h is not okay on public roads because nobody is ready for it including the deer. That doesn't mean it cannot be done safely however the margin for error is extremely small......

Try minuscule to the point of zero. Even at a bit over 150km/h and picking a point in the distance stopping before you hit that point is a miss....with OEM grade equipment.

Back
Top Bottom