Any recommendations on earphones (music, google maps directions) for riding ? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any recommendations on earphones (music, google maps directions) for riding ?

Interesting ...how come ?

Found a bluetooth alternative that doesnt fall out of my ears. Have a real issue with buds staying put.

This way i can ditch the bluetooth helmet device as well; 2 birds, 1 stone.

Here's my take on ear ear buds/in helmet speakers...

After trying SEVERAL ear bud brands and styles I found the Mee M6-Pro to be the BEST.
They sound great and out of all other brands/styles, once you get your lid on they stay put.

That said... Even the most "comfortable" ear buds get painfully uncomfortable after a while.
I recently rode from Hamilton to the Okanagan Valley in BC. At best, after 3 or so hours having earbuds inserted became a little annoying and sometimes painful.

Upon arriving home I dug out a set of NuClear helmet speakers I had bought, but never bothered using. Ryan F9 reviewed these speakers and gave them an only "so-so" rating, but... I find them to be a better solution to my situation.
My Shoei GT Air lid has places for speakers to be mounted so... Fitting was easy. 'Some two-way tape and we're secure.
Now instead of ear pain caused by foreign objects stuck into the ear canal... I have the soft interior of my helmet gently snuggling/covering my outer ear with no pressure points.
I'm telling ya... The inside of my helmet sounds like Massey Hall whether I'm listening to Enya or the Dead Kennedy's.
I can't imagine what it would be like with perhaps a "higher end" set of speakers...
I will qualify everything with the fact that my bike has pretty good wind protection... It's a '16 FJR with the taller "touring" screen installed... In the all the way down position the wind noise is no more than what you'd expect on a bike... In the all the way up position... All I can hear is the engine humming. Bubble of silence, so... Whatever I'm listening to is for the most part... what I hear.
I think if you're riding a SS or naked bike you might as well give up on music etc while riding and just accept/embrace the wind noise

After trying SEVERAL ear bud brands and styles I found the Mee M6-Pro to be the BEST.
They sound great and out of all other brands/styles, once you get your lid on they stay put.

I would echo this, they sit really deep in the ear.

I think if you're riding a SS or naked bike you might as well give up on music etc while riding and just accept/embrace the wind noise

The Pioneers make it acceptable with the noise cancelling and a bit of helmet damping.

I would echo this, they sit really deep in the ear.

Are these Mee M6 Pro’s something to consider? I currentlyuse plugfones (advertised as both ear plugs and headphones all in one) with mySena 20s. I used to use the stock speakers combined with ear plugs that camewith the Sena for years but with the helmets that I use even on max volume, I couldnot hear very clear due to wind noise. For that reason I switched to Plugfones which is better than thespeakers but to be honest I don’t even know if I am protecting my hearing ordamanging them even more. They are the earbuds that go directly into your earand while it claims that they are earplugs at the same time, I don’t’ know ifblasting music directly into my ear at “highish” volume is safe for my ear. Tobe honest it feels like any other earbud headphones. Also whenever I put my helmet on with the plugfones theearbuds sorta move and kinda pop out of my ear too. So many complications…..butif these m6 pro’s are worth it and protect your hearing I might consider them.

Are these Mee M6 Pro’s something to consider? I currentlyuse plugfones (advertised as both ear plugs and headphones all in one) with mySena 20s. I used to use the stock speakers combined with ear plugs that camewith the Sena for years but with the helmets that I use even on max volume, I couldnot hear very clear due to wind noise.For that reason I switched to Plugfones which is better than thespeakers but to be honest I don’t even know if I am protecting my hearing ordamanging them even more. They are the earbuds that go directly into your earand while it claims that they are earplugs at the same time, I don’t’ know ifblasting music directly into my ear at “highish” volume is safe for my ear. Tobe honest it feels like any other earbudheadphones. Also whenever I put my helmet on with the plugfones theearbuds sorta move and kinda pop out of my ear too. So many complications…..butif these m6 pro’s are worth it and protect your hearing I might consider them.

Everyone is different but i found them to be very comfortable, provided good level of sound when needed and blocked most of the wind noise for me.

I have my pair for sale, if you want to give them a spin we can work something out. Just PM me.

Found a bluetooth alternative that doesnt fall out of my ears. Have a real issue with buds staying put.

This way i can ditch the bluetooth helmet device as well; 2 birds, 1 stone.

Details please.

Details please.

https://www.skullcandy.ca/shop/earbuds/bluetooth-earbuds/jib-wireless

Cheap! 6 hours of playback time.

Shallow enough that it doesn't interfere with the helmet (comfortable while its on and not a PITA to put on/remove with them in).

Currently using the stock replaceable tips and they block out all the wind noise and have barely moved after a few hours riding.

Remote sits just below my chain (on the LEFT side!), so its easy to pause/skip/take calls without interfering with the operation of the motorcycle.

I connect my phone via Bluetooth so i can ditch the Bluetooth communicator i had previously (ran the wire to the M6 Pros as i didn't like the speaker set inside the helmet).

I swapped out my old portable amp (the Electric Avenues PA2V2) recently for a Topping NX1S for riding, and to a Fiio A3 for home use. And have been trying them out with the various earphones I have mentioned and also have included the MEE M6 Pros to the mix now. Damn I gotta say the Shures and the MEEs sound way better on these amps then the PA2V2. The NX1S is an awesome form factor for riding use. So slim, and so small it disappears in any pocket. My go to right now is the M6 Pros. They are noticeably more refined at louder volumes and handle the higher output from the portable amps well, as do the Shures. I also ordered some earphones with different types of drivers. One has 5 sets of balanced armature drivers each with its own range. Another has a mix of balanced armature for mids and highs with a large CCAW voice coil driver for lows. Let's see how they compare to the "brand name" Shures and MEEs.

The problem with the MEE M6 is that it's almost impossible to put on with a full face helmet. The over the ear design is not suitable from what I can tell, it's a great sounding pair for sure. I've been on a search to replace my Etymotics E6i, which I think is the best damn headphones ever made for riders, but after 10 years of use and 2 patching it finally stopped. Ever since, I've been on a quest to find a good pair. Next on the list is the Pioneer that you guys are talking about. The only issue with that is that it's using the apple port rather the the normal stereo out which I'd just hook into my SENA. But if drive can stick flush with my ear and protrude out too much then it might be an option.

Someone told me about these so might pick them up for the next season, let's see.
https://earinc.com/product/iplugz-gen-ii/

and you get active noise cancelling with the Pioneers

The fit is very slim - the only downside is I can't get quite as good a seal as with the Shures but the nosie reduction more than makes up for that.

I think I need to find a slightly larger tip.

Grabbed the Pioneers due to the feedback from the above, and I've been very happy with them.
I'm listening to more and more podcasts while I ride these days, and for speech, they are terrific with the active noise cancellation calibrated.
I'm a bit wary of the long-term durability with the cord that likes to fold over on itself in a jacket pocket, but I may try to throw a pen-spring to prolong the lightning connector.

Back
Top Bottom