Any video editors here? GoPro Studio not seeing my HEVC files. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any video editors here? GoPro Studio not seeing my HEVC files.

DJM

Site Supporter
Shot a lot of footage last month with my GP6 and used a new to me format called HEVC. It's 4k60p, looks fantastic on the telly but Studio won't even see them.

Basically I'd just like to remove fisheye and stitch the small files together into longer movies whilst keeping the HEVC format. A quick search kinda overwhelmed me with expensive programs and jargon. Any simpler solutions out there?

Looks like the latest version of VLC has capabilities to play HEVC.

And although it's not terribly intuitive, VLC does have the ability to stitch files - have done it before with a bunch of small .mp4 files from my Phantom3 and it worked well.

VLC is a great program, and free as well.

Worth a look.

DaVinci resolve. It does a lot more than you ask, but it's pretty easy to get started in it.

Have you tried GoPro's own editing software? Check if you need an update. If you are on a Mac with the current OS try iMovie.

Frustrating. My desktop is an older Intel CPU that wont run HEVC. I put Davinci on my Surface Pro but the resolution is whacked, I can barely read the print it's so small. I'll try the missus's Macbook iMovie and VLC.

Back
Top Bottom