BMW motorrad asking for a donation for demo rides | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW motorrad asking for a donation for demo rides

If I was really serious about buying a BMW motorcycle, I'd skip the manufacturer demo day and go directly to the dealership and ask to test ride a specific bike. Most times they have a used one or a demo in their fleet that they'll let me take out for an extended test ride, and for much longer than the slow parade on the demo days. Plus, no donation required.

Most people who go to demo days just want to ride on as many different bikes as possible and aren't qualified buyers. If a $20 donation to a good cause helps thin the herd so I don't have to wait hours to ride the cool bikes, then I'm okay with that.

Back In 2010 I demo'd a K1300S at BMW Toronto. The $20 was collected as discussed, but the demo was far from a "slow parade" once we got going out of the citydemo. We rode up to Durham and returned on the 401/DVP. I got to test it very well. ;) Definitely a great demo, and bike. We were gone for nearly 2hrs.

Years ago when GPBikes were at the old location I have another very positive experience.

but the demo was far from a "slow parade" once we got going out of the citydemo. .

Although I have been part of the slow parades, I find that much of the time that is not how demo rides go. On a demo ride near guelph many moons ago, five riders passed a cop at 120 over and he didn't bother turning on his lights (thankfully). My experience at Rock the Red was it was such a mess that the groups got completely scattered and I would just for a ride for a while before returning the bike.

Back In 2010 I demo'd a K1300S at BMW Toronto. The $20 was collected as discussed, but the demo was far from a "slow parade" once we got going out of the citydemo. We rode up to Durham and returned on the 401/DVP. I got to test it very well. ;) Definitely a great demo, and bike. We were gone for nearly 2hrs.

Ha! That's a good demo ride. But at 2 hours long, they'd only be able to run 3 or 4 rides a day...!

Back
Top Bottom