BMW motorrad asking for a donation for demo rides | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW motorrad asking for a donation for demo rides

Norcorider

I registered for a demo ride in September with BMW Motorrad Canada. Got an email with their conditions.
Other can usual requirements like 18+age, licensed etc, one requirement is to make a charitable donation.

"A local charitable contribution required as determined by the host Retailer."

Haven't heard it before, it normal? If anyone has an experience, what is the expected amount?

Been there a few times.I usually throw $20 at Red Cross or Salvation Army.

Thanks guys

I know Wolf BMW has done that for years. I have never been to a demo ride but would have no problem dropping $20 bucks for a charity. They used to always have their demo rides on the May 24 long weekend and never around. Bought 3 BMW's never with a test drive. Thankfully I have yet to be disappointed.

Forcing people to make a donation is always a problem with me. It's the principle of not having a choice.

Then consider it a charge to demo their bikes. They do not have to let you try their bikes and they are least giving the money to charity. Wish dealers were more open about demo rides and it did not take an event for most demo rides to actually happen, but it is what it is.

If I was really serious about buying a BMW motorcycle, I'd skip the manufacturer demo day and go directly to the dealership and ask to test ride a specific bike. Most times they have a used one or a demo in their fleet that they'll let me take out for an extended test ride, and for much longer than the slow parade on the demo days. Plus, no donation required.

Most people who go to demo days just want to ride on as many different bikes as possible and aren't qualified buyers. If a $20 donation to a good cause helps thin the herd so I don't have to wait hours to ride the cool bikes, then I'm okay with that.

If I was really serious about buying a BMW motorcycle, I'd skip the manufacturer demo day and go directly to the dealership and ask to test ride a specific bike. Most times they have a used one or a demo in their fleet that they'll let me take out for an extended test ride, and for much longer than the slow parade on the demo days. Plus, no donation required.

Most people who go to demo days just want to ride on as many different bikes as possible and aren't qualified buyers. If a $20 donation to a good cause helps thin the herd so I don't have to wait hours to ride the cool bikes, then I'm okay with that.

Never demo'd a bike before buying from BMW. Maybe I need to push harder but have bought 3 GS's without turning them on and relying solely on user reviews. Was always told I need to show up for the demo day to test. Seems a bit absurd as they are a premium product but I guess it is too difficult to weed out those people who just want the thrill of taking out a bike to test ride with no real intentions of purchasing. My dealership is under new ownership so when I am looking for a new bike will see if they are more flexible and accommodating.

Never demo'd a bike before buying from BMW. Maybe I need to push harder but have bought 3 GS's without turning them on and relying solely on user reviews. Was always told I need to show up for the demo day to test. Seems a bit absurd as they are a premium product but I guess it is too difficult to weed out those people who just want the thrill of taking out a bike to test ride with no real intentions of purchasing. My dealership is under new ownership so when I am looking for a new bike will see if they are more flexible and accommodating.

Helps if:

1. You've bought a bike from them before.
2. Show up on a motorcycle equal to or more than the value of the bike you're buying.

Helps if:

1. You've bought a bike from them before.
2. Show up on a motorcycle equal to or more than the value of the bike you're buying.

Bought all 3 from the same dealer, first one was a used '06 GS then stepped up to a used '10 GSA and then finally a brand new '15 GSA. New owner seems much more customer oriented, not that the old owners were bad just did not feel as accommodating with some stuff.

Bought all 3 from the same dealer, first one was a used '06 GS then stepped up to a used '10 GSA and then finally a brand new '15 GSA. New owner seems much more customer oriented, not that the old owners were bad just did not feel as accommodating with some stuff.

Is this Serpa nee Open Road?

I think that's the only GTA dealership I haven't bought a motorcycle from. I did accompany a friend when she bought a used F650GS. I remember they let her test ride it before buying.

Is this Serpa nee Open Road?

I think that's the only GTA dealership I haven't bought a motorcycle from. I did accompany a friend when she bought a used F650GS. I remember they let her test ride it before buying.

No was Wolf BMW in London. New owner just took over this year and have to dealt with them much save for a set of tires early in the season.

lunch but the sentiment works :rolleyes:

Two Wheel in Guelph let me book my first Vstrom ( used ) for the afternoon .....took it 10 minutes up the highway ....turned around and bought it on the spot on a credit card ....THAT was a first.

Bike served very well for the trip out west ...it had all the correct farkles....did not even need to adjust the mirrors. Those Jesse cases were a treat for that trip.

I tend to buy off reviews as well but do like a demo ride for the ergos....I figure the CB500x will only be better than the one I demoed a few years back as all the improvements are favourable.

This is true statement. The dealer I booked demo ride with, offered me test drive before demo day and without any donation.

Back
Top Bottom