Trade in value | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trade in value

Martin sherab

So I’m in the market to swap in my BMW F800GT 2013,20K.
HD Dealer offering only $6200

The Same bike, same model, same year is posted for sale at BMW downtown for $9500.

Now my question is what price is reasonable? I do understand dealer are here to make profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The h-d dealer will probably wholesale it since it is off-brand for them. They need to make sure they are covered and perhaps make a little bit. Then the auction house takes their cut. Then a BMW dealer buys it, but an auction bike is something of an unknown. And then they advertise for $9500 knowing someone will want to beat them down a bit. Or they might sit on it for a year or more with no takers.

Dealer trade in value is always quite a bit lower than what you would get selling private, for a number of reasons, besides having to make a profit they want to make sure that they are covered in case the bike needs any work, if the bike won’t sell and they might have to lower price, etc... best thing is trying and sell private if you can.

The h-d dealer will probably wholesale it since it is off-brand for them. They need to make sure they are covered and perhaps make a little bit. Then the auction house takes their cut. Then a BMW dealer buys it, but an auction bike is something of an unknown. And then they advertise for $9500 knowing someone will want to beat them down a bit. Or they might sit on it for a year or more with no takers.
Thanks Brain P.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

you should sell it on kijiji. the extra hassel will pay off in more money for you. I bought and sold and bought my bikes on kijiji with no problems. If you are new to kijiji read how to protect yourself or just google it. Like your BMW!

https://www.bluebooktrader.com/motorcycles-canada/

They give you four free enquiries per month.

Looks like your dealer is pretty fair.

25k6las.jpg

2lwxir6.jpg

Last edited:
The Same bike, same model, same year is posted for sale at BMW downtown for $9500.

Now my question is what price is reasonable? I do understand dealer are here to make profit.

...and you can bet the BMW dealer is looking to maximize theirs..LoL

"Overhead" y'know... Lol

Don’t forget the tax you save too after the trade in price is taken off your new bike price. That’s an extra 700 ish. Not amazing but it adds a little.

Back
Top Bottom