Fairing kits? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fairing kits?

Do you want original-equipment-style fairings (which are injection-molded ABS and painted), or do you want racetrack-style fiberglass fairings?

I would not recommend the fairings from that site. They are most likely the chinese fairings. They do not fit well. From my experience at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might just call to replace my right side fairing, and front that molds around the headlight. The other pieces I probably could wrap myself, especially after hearing bad about the chinese fairing sold on ebay being no good.

You've ordered from Monster?
I would not recommend the fairings from that site. They are most likely the chinese fairings. They do not fit well. From my experience at least

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

You've ordered from Monster?

No I have ordered aftermarket fairings and I am assuming they are pretty much all the same.. correct me if I am wrong? I would be happy to find a place that sells fairing that are like oem

Have you ordered from them ?

Aftermarket ABS fairings are hit or miss. I'm pretty sure they all come from the same place, regardless of who is selling them.

I have a friend's CBR in my garage with replacement fairings that had almost no fitment issues, and I've seen others where tabs are way off and paint schemes are inverted from one side to the other. Definitely hit or miss.

I've done a couple of Chinese fairing swaps, they are not that bad if you know how to do them. Mistakes are costly, if you rush or are sloppy don't even try.

If you plan a Chinese swap, here's how to make the best of it:

1) Order the fairings in white (unpainted) with a decal kit. Have them painted locally after you test fit, body shops will charge you a couple hundred and you can get better matching to your tank. Every set will have imperfections from poor prep and painter craftsmanship.
2) Be prepared to measure and clearance every single hole. Drilled holes are always too small for the fasteners and never exactly where they should be. The good news is once you clearance them, you can get factory-like fitment.
3) Drill out every boss -- many are blind and the holes undersized for the OE fasteners. You will certainly twist the bosses out of the fairing if you dont!
4) Be prepared to sand and fair around edges and cut openings, particularly any black plastics.

I have seen bikes in Extreme Fairings from the UK and Monster Fairings from the US and was very impressed with both. They will paint and decal them to whatever you want. A friend has his bike done in Rizla Suzuki from Extreme Fairings in the UK. The bike looks sick. They do quality work. Both companies maintain excellent reputations.

No I have ordered aftermarket fairings and I am assuming they are pretty much all the same.. correct me if I am wrong? I would be happy to find a place that sells fairing that are like oem

Have you ordered from them ?

Last edited:
I have seen bikes in Extreme Fairings from the UK and Monster Fairings from the US and was very impressed with both. They will paint and decal them to whatever you want. A friend has his bike done in Rizla Suzuki from Extreme Fairings in the UK. The bike looks sick. They do quality work. Both companies maintain excellent reputations.

Has he had the fairings for a while? Has he taken off for an oil change and put back on? I would love to see the bike if he comes out to any meets

My bike has chinese fairings and even came with A brand new set. Which is still boxed. The fitment is off. There is always gaps. To the trained eye or some one that knows the bike you can easily see. Also the paint quality is not top notch.

From what I understand certain models fit better then others. For example appearantly the 09-12 cbr600 fitment is much worse then 13-17 fitment

So as some one said definitely hit or miss

I might just call to replace my right side fairing, and front that molds around the headlight. The other pieces I probably could wrap myself, especially after hearing bad about the chinese fairing sold on ebay being no good.

Are the pieces useless or can they be repaired?

Learn how to overlay fibreglass on the original busted pieces and then figure out how to sand and prep. Someone should be able to paint the pieces for you at that point for ~ 400. However it will be as good as the person who prepped it. Paint costs, booths cost, even garage space costs of you can't do this yourself. if you think you can do better have at 'er.

Ultimately it's just a bike. But like all obsessions, it's gonna cost you OR you put in the work

Back
Top Bottom