After it's clean...maintaining it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

After it's clean...maintaining it?

perferd

After you have completely cleaned up your bike what do you use to just maintain it?

Completely meaning wash polish wax. Right now I just spray detailing spray after every ride but wondering what else might be good or better...

Pledge the plastics. Lube the chain with your chosen lube.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I'll use a waterless wash & wax product from Simonize on the paint and carbon fibre parts every couple of weeks on the paint & side panels. After each ride I'll go over it with plain detailer after each ride.

The wheels, fork legs, brake calipers get a microfibre dampened with WD40 and follow-up with a detailer wipe-down. Plastic bits like the windscreen, TFT dash and so on also get wiped down with a detailer and then a dry microfibre.

I try to remove bugs and debris from the radiator and oil cooler, wipe down the accessible parts of the engine covers and cases, remove any oil and tar stains on the chassis (WD40 works well for this) "as needed." I clean the chain & rear sprocket pretty frequently (chain cleaner and old microfibres) and follow-up with a quick lube. I haven't removed the front sprocket cover to check for cleanliness; something to do...

I also detail stuff like the levers, pivots for the brake and shifter and so on; give them a surface cleaning, lube if needed.

To me part of the fun of owning a kick-*** bike it taking meticulous care of it.

I like looking at other people's nice clean bikes.
I use a wet dirty rag to clean mine, so I have little to offer here.

Reality is if you ride a lot it's impossible to keep your bike spotless.

I aim for "presentable as long as you don't get too close", but I've also put 1500KM on it since I put wax on it (for the first time this year) a week ago last Friday, so I know it's not going to stay clean for very long.

I don't have patience for spending countless hours detailing either of our bikes to the max knowing damn well that it can all be undone by 60 seconds in a freak rainshower. Or in the case of yesterday, we were riding along a country road outside St Thomas and a large water cannon that was spraying a crop in a field was spraying onto the road as well - it felt AWESOME riding through after a long day riding, but yeah, it slopped up the bikes really good in an instant.

How bout stuff like plexus and the can stuff they are always selling at gas stations FX or something like that?

How bout stuff like plexus and the can stuff they are always selling at gas stations FX or something like that?
I use Plexus on my windscreen and headlights only. I think it's great. Makes the screen like new again and a little can has lasted me a few years already with more than 1/2 in the can to go. I have a few deep scratches in my screen, but all the other superficial scratches seem to vanish with Plexus.
I've never used it on fairings or any other parts.

Clean it quick, polish it quick, get back on the saddle.

I have an air compressor. I blow the dust off then give it a quick wipe-down. Generally, I don't often get stressed about it though.

I'm actually surprised at how many dont at least wipe the bike down lol.

I sent spend much time cleaning the bike but once a year at beginning of the season. After that it's just a simple 5min wipe down after a ride...

Back
Top Bottom