Action cameras/GoPro needed? Necessary? Insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Action cameras/GoPro needed? Necessary? Insurance?

Max527

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if an action camera or GoPro recording an accident or incident help with insurance? Is it even worth the money and hassle to mount, charge battery, every time you go out for a ride?
Does anyone ride without a camera? I don't care to vlog or record outside of witnessing anything happening.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if an action camera or GoPro recording an accident or incident help with insurance? Is it even worth the money and hassle to mount, charge battery, every time you go out for a ride?
Does anyone ride without a camera? I don't care to vlog or record outside of witnessing anything happening.

If you were not at fault- it would help just as much as what a car dashcam would...of course, if it's helmet mounted, you have to have been looking at the correct place to record the incident.

I have a gopro knockoff called Git2. Works well, and captures video in good detail.

The only downside is a couple of threads out here have recently mentioned how police have been issuing tickets saying it modifies the helmet. I still continue to wear it since i have not been pulled over yet for this, and it would protect me against not at fault accidents.

Hey guys,

Chin mounted action cam just for recording purposes. I only wear it if i'm riding solo.

Police haven't bothered me about it yet.

Chin mounted action cam just for recording purposes. I only wear it if i'm riding solo.

Police haven't bothered me about it yet.
I was thinking chin mount too. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

im looking to get the go pro session 5 cause its smaller than a normal gopro, but dont really like the fact that it'll be useless in 3-4 years since the battery is non-replaceable.

So don't get the go pro!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Original-Xi...ion+camera&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

I got the white version. My only critique is night filming isn't the greatest.
Xioami Yi ftw...

actually some of the drone community people even have scripts to change the settings for it... so you can get better night quality and even higher resolution.

I've gone the original xiaomi yi ...3 seasons now... still no issues, records awesome quality. Since i got my new helmet though i stopped recording, didn't wanna put it on it so i might look for a chest mount. And for the price, more than worth it even if its slightly bigger than the session, the new Xiaomi Yi discovery has a freaking LCD screen on it too.

To answer OP, it can make a huge difference, even if at fault, if you have a cam and the other driver is caught lying about the facts (to try to maybe put elements or something else in the claim to turn it more favorable to him) they might get in bigger trouble. :cool:

Last edited:
I bought a Xiaomi Yi Discovery, the video quality of great for the price, but I don’t find a good way to mount that on the bike with minimal vibrations.

The chin on my helmet does not fit a mount plus personally not prefer to attach thing to the helmet other than the communicator. Waiting form some suction cup mount from China, hope that will help dampen some vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom