My bike was hit in a parking lot | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My bike was hit in a parking lot

And now to be the @$$ that I sometimes am....
When I lived in a condo in irked me to no end when residents used the visitor parking as their own personal spots.
I don't *think* that is the case with the OP, but it obviously is with the F150 driver as it was noted that his truck was there regularly.

lol!

Well it definitely is with the F150 driver. He parks in visitors EVERY NIGHT and he is a resident. Since the accident I have reported it to the Property management but he is still doing it.
tbh, I usually don't care. But for obvious reasons I don't want this guy doing it anymore.

Regarding my bike being in the visitors I would never leave my bike out there like that.

I have a 1 car garage. The bike fits in the back and the car barely squeezes infront of it. Whenever I want to go for a ride I have to pull the car out into a visitors spot, then pull the bike out into another visitors spot. Then, not to be one of those residents that park in visitors, I put the car back into the garage. I then load the luggage on the bike, go inside to get my gear, then come out gear up, get on the bike and go.

The same thing happened this day except I had to pickup the bike off the ground. It was literally 5 minutes between the guy hitting my bike and me coming out and finding it knocked over.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I recall you saying that (maybe in the first post?).
And when I tried mentioning it to our PM they didn't give a damn. I paid $20k for a 2nd parking spot. And when my parents came over they had no where to park because of residents parking in the visitors.
Hopefully I can avoid living in shared type housing ever again.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

And when I tried mentioning it to our PM they didn't give a damn. I paid $20k for a 2nd parking spot. And when my parents came over they had no where to park because of residents parking in the visitors.
Hopefully I can avoid living in shared type housing ever again.

Yeah that's ******. I know a few places like that. Not enough visitor spots because residents are taking them.

Shared anything doesn't work very well most of the time.
Hell, I'm thinking of going all Leave It To Beaver on my wife and get separate beds.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Well since the Police refuse to do anything about the guy and small claims is a waste of time, I may as well post the video.
Sorry, no Benny Hill music. I kinda don't want to make light of something that isn't really funny to me at all. The fact he's getting away with it and I have to go through all this trouble because some 48 year old Portuguese guy doesn't know how to drive, doesn't make me want to laugh.
Maybe when all this is done, but not at the moment.

You can see in the first few seconds of the footage he clearly sees and looks at my bike. So he knew it was there. :angry5: ...and he had plenty of space.

https://youtu.be/NGm8bsCGLfo

Also, because friends and family watched the video and asked how I picked up the bike when this dude couldn't, I also have the footage of me picking up the bike.

https://youtu.be/jrP4TLg1jNU

I'm surprised I didn't poop my pants but that method of picking up the bike works

And this folks is why my wife's car dings, flashes the display and tells you to straighten the steering wheel if you put it in gear with the wheels turned. Man people are dumb.

And this folks is why my wife's car dings, flashes the display and tells you to straighten the steering wheel if you put it in gear with the wheels turned.

That's seriously a thing?

wow.

Hmmm....well I'll see how the insurance process goes and when it's all over I'll take it from there.

EDIT: Though reading through the small claims website it looks like more trouble than its worth

You could treat the small claims thing as a valuable learning exercise. There’s a reasonable chance you might use it again for something else in the future and then you’ll have experience. If insurance doesn’t pay out what you feel you need then I’d say go for it.

getting a judgment in small claims court should be a slam dunk
collecting on it is another story, will not be cheap or fast

And this folks is why my wife's car dings, flashes the display and tells you to straighten the steering wheel if you put it in gear with the wheels turned. Man people are dumb.

Yeah, and the ******* is still parking like that in the visitors spots. Wheels fully locked.
I kinda of wanna post a warning on the bulletin board in the lobby to not park next to this guy if you don't wanna come out to a scraped car.

wow.

Seriously yeah. I had no idea either.

wow.

I didn't know either until it did it. It doesn't appear that I can turn it off using the OSD, I haven't hooked up an OBDII interface to it to see what can be done.

The interesting thing for me is that it knows the wheels are turned. I can't imagine they would put a sensor just for this so maybe they are doing position sensitive power steering or using that as another input for stability control?

Yeah, and the ******* is still parking like that in the visitors spots. Wheels fully locked.

He could be behind on his payments and trying to avoid a repo - backing into a spot and cranking whe front wheels to one side could be an effort to thwart a tow truck.

The interesting thing for me is that it knows the wheels are turned. I can't imagine they would put a sensor just for this so maybe they are doing position sensitive power steering or using that as another input for stability control?

There’s a steering position sensor in all modern cars that is used by the stability control system & ABS to calculate what the driver is trying to do in an emergency or loss of control scenario. That’s common. What I find surprising is that a manufacturer has use that sensor to add yet another reminder for something that seems should be common sense.

But common sense isn’t so common anymore I guess.

Which car is this? (reminder not to buy one)

I have to parallel-park my car behind my van (in my own driveway) if I want to get bikes in or out of the garage, and it's just easier to leave the front wheels turned because they would have to be turned to get out the next time anyhow, so a feature like that would be seriously annoying.

Which car is this? (reminder not to buy one)

I have to parallel-park my car behind my van (in my own driveway) if I want to get bikes in or out of the garage, and it's just easier to leave the front wheels turned because they would have to be turned to get out the next time anyhow, so a feature like that would be seriously annoying.

hyundai santa fe xl. I am happy that it doesn't go as far as forcing me to straighten before going into gear (which should be trivially easy and incredibly annoying). It's not a bad car but the team in charge of the OSD and nanny features needs to have a better connection to reality. Blind spot monitoring is also quite conservative, it wants an entire car length between you and adjacent traffic (I was playing with an AMG mercedes and that BSM detection was set for maybe 6" between bumpers).

hyundai santa fe xl. I am happy that it doesn't go as far as forcing me to straighten before going into gear (which should be trivially easy and incredibly annoying). It's not a bad car but the team in charge of the OSD and nanny features needs to have a better connection to reality. Blind spot monitoring is also quite conservative, it wants an entire car length between you and adjacent traffic (I was playing with an AMG mercedes and that BSM detection was set for maybe 6" between bumpers).
That's crazy. First I've heard of it. These types of nanny features make poor drivers (talking in general).

Personally speaking, I prefer my car/bike to be as manual as possible. First thing I did was turn off lane departure and advanced collision detection warning indicators in my car.

Yeah but I wish the ******* that hit my bike had that feature on his pickup.

Chances are he would've ignored the warning, but ya never know....it could have helped.

I kinda of wanna post a warning on the bulletin board in the lobby to not park next to this guy if you don't wanna come out to a scraped car.

Seriously yeah. I had no idea either.

I had an industrial condo and the PM wasn't doing his job. I got on the board and started talking to the other board members about replacing him. Things that had been ignored for two years were dealt with in two weeks.

I did service work on condos for 30 years and each has its own pecking order. Sometimes you can't win.

A major factor is whether you own or rent.

Electronic power steering, part of the system is a steering angle sensor

You can turn the steering warning off if you want. It's in the gauge cluster settings

I generaly like how Hyundai's electronic safety gadgets work, especially their radar cruise. The radar cruise in the Rogue I'm driving right now feels like I'm going to rear end the car in front half the time. I agree about the BSD though

Back
Top Bottom