Friday 13 OPP warning | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 OPP warning

C7 is the primary weapon of CF Infantry
C8 is the same gun with a shorter barrel (and some other minor differences)
both use standard NATO 5.65 mm rounds
both have 3 modes of fire control
Safe, Semi-Auto and Auto
they have the same rate of fire
due to the longer barrel on the C7, it has a longer accurate range

while the C8 is classified as a carbine
there is no doubt it as an assault rifle

the C8 is also used by civilian police forces
where it has been called a Patrol Rifle

different nomenclature
same stopping power

any doubts can be clarified by reading the CF 2018
Assault Rifle Project, goal is to replace the C7 and C8

http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/defence-capabilities-blueprint/project-details.asp?id=1696

"both use standard NATO 5.65 mm rounds"

just a slight correction it's

5.56 mm NATO rounds

You are clueless . The guns carried by OPP in their units are semi auto C7. Like all patrol rifles and carbines . Only tactical guys have full auto . Me not knowing if a C7 is auto has nothing do to with knowing police tactics . Even the example gave police would use semi auto .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2WEvvisFfg

They carry

Colt Canada C8 5.56x45mm Patrol Rifle Active Canada

which is based from a C7, which is semi automatic and full automatic

the C7 has both semi-automatic and fully automatic fire modes

The Colt Canada C8 carbine range are carbine variants of the C7 family, and is mechanically and aesthetically very similar to the Colt 653.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Provincial_Police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Canada_C7#C8

This is what I was able to find......

Since you want to continue to beat this dead horse, how about providing some facts to backup your claim. Because I did a lot of reading on the topic before posting my observations, including Colt Canada's own operators manual for the C7 where it's clearly indicated that it has a full auto mode.

If you can provide some facts to the contrary I'll gladly eat my shirt and apologize. :rolleyes:

Called a friend on the force they are C8 variant semi auto from the factory for patrol cars . Don`t know how to prove it to you . All you need to do is ask a patrol cops .I`m sure they will tell you the same . They had to pull teeth to get a rifle . Never mind getting one full auto for a beat cop .

Since you want to continue to beat this dead horse, how about providing some facts to backup your claim. Because I did a lot of reading on the topic before posting my observations, including Colt Canada's own operators manual for the C7 where it's clearly indicated that it has a full auto mode.

If you can provide some facts to the contrary I'll gladly eat my shirt and apologize. :rolleyes:

"98% of the rifles sold to law enforcement customers are semi auto versions"

Called a friend on the force they are C8 variant semi auto from the factory for patrol cars . Don`t know how to prove it to you . All you need to do is ask a patrol cops .I`m sure they will tell you the same . They had to pull teeth to get a rifle . Never mind getting one full auto for a beat cop .

Don't need you to prove it... Colt clearly states it themselves.
It wasn't hard to find a list of what, and how many of, the different forces bought.

Don't need you to prove it... Colt clearly states it themselves.
It wasn't hard to find a list of what, and how many of, the different forces bought.

So, can anyone post this info to backup their side of the argument, because I posted mine to backup my side of it.

If need be I need a half hour or so to decide which flavour of BBQ sauce will go best with my shirt. And I might marinate it in some bourbon for a bit as well.

If need be I need a half hour or so to decide which flavour of BBQ sauce will go best with my shirt. And I might marinate it in some bourbon for a bit as well.

No need for that . We learn new stuff every day .

So for those who were at PD13 this year, anyone butthurt about the police presence?

Saw a lot of butthurt on various Facebook groups today about people who were pissy about the heavy OPP presence, and the fact that they were armed with fully auto machine guns. A lot of "nothing happened, what a waste!" comments. I guess the fact that perhaps nothing happened because of the very heavy LEO presence was lost on many.

Totally agree, I saw a lot of OPP especially in areas where the HA and Outlaw Patches were hanging out. I was actually sitting and having something to drink just by where the Outlaw MC had their guys hanging and at one point 2 HA guys walked pass and said something like "look at these #@$#" aloud to his partners 2 of the Outlaws took notice. I'm sure if the OPP was not right there something would have gone down.

I saw a guy chilling among the Outlaw MC with their leather vests & patches this guys read "Outlaw Prospect" reminded me of Sons of Anarchy :p funny thing is he looked like he was in his early 60's, I guess he's just retiring from his real job and joining the Outlaws LOL.

Can't remember the year.(maybe 25 yrs ago) During the HA vs Rock machine war the opp had huge roadblocks going into Dover.Everyone was stopped,video recorded,bags opened etc etc.There war riot geared opp in the rows of crops on either side of the road.
Might have been the summer that there were 5 or 6 Satans Choice found dead around southwestern Ontario on the same day.Strange days indeed.

Outlaws MC showing up at Dover is slap in the face for the HA . I`m sure there will be retaliation .

Can't remember the year.(maybe 25 yrs ago) During the HA vs Rock machine war the opp had huge roadblocks going into Dover.Everyone was stopped,video recorded,bags opened etc etc.There war riot geared opp in the rows of crops on either side of the road.
Might have been the summer that there were 5 or 6 Satans Choice found dead around southwestern Ontario on the same day.Strange days indeed.

I don't ever remember 5-6 Satan's Choice found dead in Ontario. The Choice were never involved in the HA/Rock Machine conflict. They didn't want anything to do with it. There was a gentleman's agreement between the clubs in Ontario, an attack on one Ontario club was an attack on all Ontario clubs. That was what kept the Rock Machine and the Angels out of Ontario. Only after the war was over did the Angels strike a deal with all the big Ontario clubs - Para Dice Riders, Satan's Choice, Saddle Tramps etc. to do a patch over. The cops were coming down on the Angels in Quebec and Nova Scotia and they had to branch out or get wiped out.

As for the Outlaws at Dover, that's a reaction to the Angels recruiting puppet clubs in the London area, territory that is claimed by the Outlaws. Unless someone strikes a deal, people will begin to disappear, explode and leak. As it was in Montreal in the 1980s and 90s, being a biker will get really scary and you best watch how you dress.

Are you maybe thinking about the Bandidos wipeout? That only happened 12 years ago and it was 8 people killed in one night.

There was only a very small handful of Outlaws visible in Dover, small group like maybe a dozen or less up near the dairy queen. 81 was everywhere, so no outlaw would have tried anything, it would be suicide. No 81 would start anything because that would be stupid, not worth the attention and loss of revenue from their vendors. Is the support merch a vehicle for washing money? Sure. Did I buy any? Yup, because f.t.p. I bought a tshirt from hamilton chapter and a patch from windsor chapter. I also don't believe support gear makes you a target either. I honestly think that the increased presence, and visible tactical units(yes tac units WERE visible throughout town) had more to do with terrorism alert status than a possible biker beef.

As for the pure semantics argument above, if we're gonna go there, do it right. 1. It's a Rifle or Carbine, not a machine gun. 2. There is no such thing as an "assault rifle", that is a flash word coined by media to scare you, and you're playing right into it. Contrary to popular belief, AR stands for ArmaLite Rifle, the original designer of that particular style of weapon. 3. Yes I'm that same guy that will correct you when you say clip instead of magazine, or if you call a shell casing a "bullet".

There was only a very small handful of Outlaws visible in Dover, small group like maybe a dozen or less up near the dairy queen. 81 was everywhere, so no outlaw would have tried anything, it would be suicide. No 81 would start anything because that would be stupid, not worth the attention and loss of revenue from their vendors. Is the support merch a vehicle for washing money? Sure. Did I buy any? Yup, because f.t.p. I bought a tshirt from hamilton chapter and a patch from windsor chapter. I also don't believe support gear makes you a target either. I honestly think that the increased presence, and visible tactical units(yes tac units WERE visible throughout town) had more to do with terrorism alert status than a possible biker beef.

As for the pure semantics argument above, if we're gonna go there, do it right. 1. It's a Rifle or Carbine, not a machine gun. 2. There is no such thing as an "assault rifle", that is a flash word coined by media to scare you, and you're playing right into it. Contrary to popular belief, AR stands for ArmaLite Rifle, the original designer of that particular style of weapon. 3. Yes I'm that same guy that will correct you when you say clip instead of magazine, or if you call a shell casing a "bullet".

Encylclopedia Brittanica uses flash words? https://www.britannica.com/technology/assault-rifle. Interesting.

Encylclopedia Brittanica uses flash words? https://www.britannica.com/technology/assault-rifle. Interesting.

Yes, that description is correct. An assault rifle is a select fire (automatic/semi-automatic) rifle carrying 10-100 rounds. HOWEVER... the term is deliberately misapplied by the popular media to rifles like the AR-15 that is NOT a select fire rifle. The Armalite is a semi-automatic hunting and target shooter's rifle that in Canada only carries 5 rounds at a time. The C7 and C8 used by the Canadian Army are generally select-fire assault weapons. The media applies the term "assault weapon" to semi-automatic military-styled rifles to scare the public. They're lying.

Back
Top Bottom