Friday 13 OPP warning | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friday 13 OPP warning

While I'm no fan of "support" gear and would never buy any, it can be tough to tell when you're buying generic PD13 stuff from a vendor if they are a member of a 1%MC or not. It is what it is. Go, if that's your thing, enjoy, buy a shirt, don't buy a shirt. Whatever floats your boat. Personally if I had today off I'd be riding NNE instead of SSW. A great ride through some scenic twisties beats 500,000 sweaty bikers wearing leather crammed into a tiny town any day! If it gets to the predicted 30c temps today it's going to be fragrant in PD!

Personally, I do not believe everything I read. So much propaganda.

I liken it to,"Daddy, why do all childrens story start with, "Once upon a time"
Dad replies'" Some start with, if I was elected"

I find it hard to believe that "criminal organizations" are using t-shirt sales to fund their drug deals. Profits more likely go the other way.

I find it hard to believe that "criminal organizations" are using t-shirt sales to fund their drug deals. Profits more likely go the other way.

Merch sales would almost certainly be used to launder drug money. Drug money that the government wants now that wacky tobaccy is legal. I'm sure that the 1%ers are no *angels*, but they don't wander around with openly carried firearms either. Buy your souvenirs and enjoy the day.

So for those who were at PD13 this year, anyone butthurt about the police presence?

Saw a lot of butthurt on various Facebook groups today about people who were pissy about the heavy OPP presence, and the fact that they were armed with fully auto machine guns. A lot of "nothing happened, what a waste!" comments. I guess the fact that perhaps nothing happened because of the very heavy LEO presence was lost on many.

As I understand it 81 and the Outlaws are at odds right now hence the likely strong presence, but IMHO given that 99.9% of Dover is 99%, I had no problem with the police presence. The officers I saw were polite, pretty much just chilling on the sidelines, and a few were indeed hanging around their bikes showing them and chatting with onlookers.

It seems to me the only ones who got butthurt were the ones who were looking for something to get butthurt about. The rest of the 200,000-ish people there were enjoying themselves, looking at a great turnout of bikes (I spotted a Rune there, only one...still my dream bike) and enjoying themselves.

Rode in, parked (even got parked reasonably close to downtown, I was impressed!), had a great few hours, rode out. Went out to St Thomas via the backroads, and then back to our base in Niagara again for the night. Good times.

With that many people attending and the climate today, why is anyone surprised at a heavy police presence?

Canadians need to travel more
most places in the world you see police/troops
in public places with assault rifles

unless you're a shitbird, they are there to protect you

PP, were there 1%ers wearing colours?

[/I]PP, were there 1%ers wearing colours?

Yes. I didn’t observe anything out of the ordinary however, just riding and socializing.

Canadians need to travel more
most places in the world you see police/troops
in public places with assault rifles

unless you're a shitbird, they are there to protect you

PP, were there 1%ers wearing colours?

+1. I felt more at ease being patted down in Damascus and Cairo airports in the 70's when things were really dicey in the Middle East than I did going to L.A. for Christmas in 2009. Talk about paranoid tightly wound up authority figures.

Im less worried about the 1% clubs getting a few bucks, than I am about all these shootings happening in toronto lately, little girls getting hit in the park etc etc etc

Makes you wonder what exactly the cops are doing? Pulling riders over to check insurance while holding a dought nut in one hand?

Although its possible the 1% are somehow connected to rise in shootings(who supplies gangs?)

Im less worried about the 1% clubs getting a few bucks, than I am about all these shootings happening in toronto lately, little girls getting hit in the park etc etc etc

Makes you wonder what exactly the cops are doing? Pulling riders over to check insurance while holding a dought nut in one hand?

Although its possible the 1% are somehow connected to rise in shootings(who supplies gangs?)

busting 1% bikers is an easy rip
guaranteed to put guns, cash and drugs on the table
makes for good press and juices the stats

It doesn’t seem to have occurred to many that perhaps the 1% wasn’t the only reason for heavy security.

Another whackjob in a pickup truck or u-haul that decided to blast up Main Street when hundreds of thousands of people were on foot would have been messy. I’m all for police with automatic weapons being there to take out the driver in short order.

Yet they felt a need to warn people about buying jackets.

No explaination about why theres beefed up security in downtown near all stadiums and arean's though.

You really don't see a lot of full patch bikers around, at least I don't.

About 10 years ago I was entering 407 WB at Mavis and 4 or 5 biker types already on the 407 went by at a very high rate of speed, much faster than surrounding traffic. It was a Thursday the 12th and PD was the next day. A few minutes later I drive by the same bikers, all Hells Angels as it turned out, pulled over by five cars of OPP in full swat type gear carrying a mix of what looked like handguns, shotguns and submachine guns. Obviously these guys weren't doing a routine traffic stop and didn't just randomly happen upon the HA group. I think they were under some kind of surveillance and the OPP choose this spot to pull them over. Pretty dramatic to see.

BTW police carry patrol rifles or carbines not assault rifles .

Yet they felt a need to warn people about buying jackets.

No explanation about why theres beefed up security in downtown near all stadiums and arean's though.

The reasoning behind the suggestions to not buy support gear was that it could potentially make you a target by an 81 rival because of apparent tensions this year. Self preservation, basically. Conclude what you will about such, but it makes sense.

And there IS beefed up security around major sporting events, etc. In some cases they don't advertise themselves however, but just because you don't see it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there.

As for the amount of 1%'ers you see, or don't see, that really depends on how much you ride. I see 1%'ers from various clubs fairly regularly, at least 2-3 times a season.

BTW police carry patrol rifles or carbines not assault rifles .

Were you at Dover?

So for those who were at PD13 this year, anyone butthurt about the police presence?

Saw a lot of butthurt on various Facebook groups today about people who were pissy about the heavy OPP presence, and the fact that they were armed with fully auto machine guns. A lot of "nothing happened, what a waste!" comments. I guess the fact that perhaps nothing happened because of the very heavy LEO presence was lost on many.

As I understand it 81 and the Outlaws are at odds right now hence the likely strong presence, but IMHO given that 99.9% of Dover is 99%, I had no problem with the police presence. The officers I saw were polite, pretty much just chilling on the sidelines, and a few were indeed hanging around their bikes showing them and chatting with onlookers.

And what are you butthurt about? I thought canadians didnt need guns in this peaceful harmless country and thats why we cant carry them so why were the cops carrying full auto rifles?

Back
Top Bottom