Will track tires pass safety? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will track tires pass safety?

Is the Dunlop they recommend for my bike and I'm pretty sure it is DOT approved (can't find it stated either way) so if they have sufficient tread i can't see why they would not pass them.
... maybe ask the seller if is says DOT on the sidewall?

Is the Dunlop they recommend for my bike and I'm pretty sure it is DOT approved (can't find it stated either way) so if they have sufficient tread i can't see why they would not pass them.
... maybe ask the seller if is says DOT on the sidewall?

Yeah I pretty sure its DOT, the thing is tread depth good enough for safety and just overall condition.

The tire pictured in the ad is the Dunlop Q3, which is a street tire. As long as it meets the tread depth requirements in will pass any MTO safety inspection, regardless of whether it was used on the street or track.

They might help you pass a safety...but are you going to feel safe riding on them? They look pretty rough to me. Sorry but not something I would do. It’s the only contact you have with the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look fine for a track used tire.
Used by someone who obviously didn't push them too hard.
The edges are still brand new and opposite of what you would usually expect from a track scrub...

Noticed that too.

I've run track scrubs for decades on the street....down to -10C. No problems except for SC1s cracking after winter storage.

The tire pictured in the ad is the Dunlop Q3, which is a street tire. As long as it meets the tread depth requirements in will pass any MTO safety inspection, regardless of whether it was used on the street or track.

That was my concern whether it had enough tread depth, what do you think?

Those tires (from the pics) will pass a safety as long as there aren't any cuts or cracks in the tires (I'm a licensed mechanic). I have run my own scrubs on the street and those look like they would clean up quickly from street use.

That was my concern whether it had enough tread depth, what do you think?

Tire tread depth gauge...cheap tool that’s good to have in your toolbox

24490c1a30018f00dc279b70005c5ef7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those tires (from the pics) will pass a safety as long as there aren't any cuts or cracks in the tires (I'm a licensed mechanic). I have run my own scrubs on the street and those look like they would clean up quickly from street use.

Alright I will look out for that, also do you do safety?

Back
Top Bottom