2019 new model cbr300r due on showroom floor soon. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 new model cbr300r due on showroom floor soon.

it's still goofy

additional wear part that if fails
bike is gonna be wonky and dangerous
fine in the dirt where you expect to replace stuff regularly
a street bike should not require handlebar maintenance

It's not a big deal, rubber mounted bars are not a new thing and are pretty common. You're not going to be twisting the bars hard enough to flex them

I’d take that over the Rebel 300....I wonder if it’ll come with the 500 motor.

It seems like a winner provided riders can set their "bigger is better" ego aside and enjoy it for what it is. Don't want a 300cc with 30hp? Buy a bigger bike. Buy the 500cc with 47ish? hp. This bike will be great for exactly what it is, an affordable, easy to ride (especially in the city) bike. I'd consider one for a second bike or my only bike if I lived in the city. I'd love something super light and easy to ride for quick trips or in-town errand runs instead of my ST1300! The ST does NOT excel at slow speed stuff. The only miss I see with this new CB300R is the lack of a centre stand. I must be old-school because I hate paddock stands and LOVE centre stands! They make parking and chain service a breeze! As big as it is, I use the centre stand on my ST daily. It helps to tuck it out of the way in my garage and I don't have to worry about the kids knocking it over on themselves if they start to monkey around with it when they're in the garage. I'd happily take the added weight of a centre stand on this bike for added convenience!

It seems like a winner provided riders can set their "bigger is better" ego aside and enjoy it for what it is. Don't want a 300cc with 30hp? Buy a bigger bike. Buy the 500cc with 47ish? hp. This bike will be great for exactly what it is, an affordable, easy to ride (especially in the city) bike. I'd consider one for a second bike or my only bike if I lived in the city. I'd love something super light and easy to ride for quick trips or in-town errand runs instead of my ST1300! The ST does NOT excel at slow speed stuff. The only miss I see with this new CB300R is the lack of a centre stand. I must be old-school because I hate paddock stands and LOVE centre stands! They make parking and chain service a breeze! As big as it is, I use the centre stand on my ST daily. It helps to tuck it out of the way in my garage and I don't have to worry about the kids knocking it over on themselves if they start to monkey around with it when they're in the garage. I'd happily take the added weight of a centre stand on this bike for added convenience!

I don't think anyone is arguing that this bike sucks, I just think the general consensus is that Honda priced it against bikes with similar weight and much more power. Dropping the price at least $500 seems like it would do a lot to provide a reason to choose this bike over its competition.

I'm with you on the centre stand.

Centrestands are awesome. Had to order mine extra on my cb500x, don't regret it. Well...except that first oil change (and according to the forums, im not the only one) drain plug is horizontal for some reason, and there's just enough pressure to make the oil go right in the middle of the centrestand. Meaning your oil pan has to whether be tilted at like 30 degrees to catch the oil or you gotta create some kind of receptacle to make an oil waterfall (like aluminium foil)

Otherwise...for parking, for chain lubing, adjustments, etc, its sooooooooooooooooooo useful

Back
Top Bottom