2019 new model cbr300r due on showroom floor soon. | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 new model cbr300r due on showroom floor soon.

I gotta say, if I wanted a small bike for the city, that would be at the top of my list. Cool little machine.

My buddy put a deposit on one before he got his license he likes the look so much. The dealer is telling him it'll be here in the next two weeks. The black one is sweet.

neat looking bike
wondering about this part though?

Other features of the CB300R include full LED lighting, rubber-mounted aluminum handlebar,
and LCD instrumentation with speedometer, tachometer, fuel level gauge and gear position indicator.

that sounds kinda goofy?

neat looking bike
wondering about this part though?

Other features of the CB300R include full LED lighting, rubber-mounted aluminum handlebar,
and LCD instrumentation with speedometer, tachometer, fuel level gauge and gear position indicator.

that sounds kinda goofy?

What's goofy? They probably rubber lined the clamps (or put rubber blocks under them) to smooth things out a bit.

EDIT:
I vote rubber at the base of the handlebar risers. There are a lot more profiles there than would be required if the riser was all one piece (although the clamp caps are also rather large so they could have a pocket with rubber in them).
CB300R_Gallery3.jpg

Last edited:
Just a vibration-damping thing ... bikes with upright (dirt bike style) handlebars can have rubber bushings between the mountings to the top triple clamp and the handlebar itself, although not all do.

I saw the CB125R cousin of this bike in a Honda dealer in Italy (that bike is already out in the rest of the world). Looks good.

it's still goofy

additional wear part that if fails
bike is gonna be wonky and dangerous
fine in the dirt where you expect to replace stuff regularly
a street bike should not require handlebar maintenance

Last edited:
it definitely looks better than the cb300f but i still dont like that weird modern style of bike.

my only other complaint is that the tank is now smaller than the cb300f. but i cant complain about the weight!

i would honestly consider this an upgrade from my tu250x (well..any bike would be in terms of power haha). light and freeway-capable is all i need.

the other bike i'm considering is the husqvarna svartpilen 401 but its pricey and i dunno if i trust that ktm 390 engine...

Looks neat, apart from the engine it has interesting specs

Still disappointed in lazy ol honda carrying that same ol single cylinder though.

I'd ride that! but omg that is a huge exhaust system, would rather see Mr.Honda tuck that in under the motor somehow.

Its just a big grom! I loved my CBR300 for the 2.5 years I owned it, shaving off ~35lbs was one of the best things I did to it. Now they've done that themselves, you could easily drop another 30lbs in gizmos and slip-on, this thing will rip! As for the HP, who cares, its a 300. It's not supposed to be fast, just fun. Inverted forks, taller suspension, LED's, fatter rear tire, this thing is cool.

USD forks, radial 4 piston brakes...super light weight...probably a decent chassis too..but disappointed in that engine, they've been milking it forever and a small single has no place on a full street bike

Especially when you can get a two cylinder ninja 400 for the same price...I imagine its quite light as well

USD forks, radial 4 piston brakes...super light weight...probably a decent chassis too..but disappointed in that engine, they've been milking it forever and a small single has no place on a full street bike

Especially when you can get a two cylinder ninja 400 for the same price...I imagine its quite light as well

Ninja 400 is insanely heavy though

Ninja 400 is insanely heavy though

2018 ninja 400 with abs is 370 lbs wet with 43 hp at the wheel. Thats ~15% heavier with ~65% more hp for the same money.

The old ninja 400 with the sleeves 650 was ~450 lbs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom