Any dual sport riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any dual sport riders?

daisoman

Site Supporter
Just picked up a crf250l and looking for some riders I can tag along with.

I've ridden sport bikes for 7 years but pretty new on the dirt.

Looking to try Ganaraska or anywhere close-ish to the city.

Post here or send me a pm if you're up for a ride

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Me and a couple friends are meeting up for a trail ride tonight around 6:30 if you're interested.
2 DR650's and a KLR 650.
We're meeting at Meadowvale and Sheppard and heading east to some trails I ride in Pickering and Ajax.

Sent from my SM-G390W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

If you end up in Scugog send me a PM and I can show you some trails.

Me and a couple friends are meeting up for a trail ride tonight around 6:30 if you're interested.
2 DR650's and a KLR 650.
We're meeting at Meadowvale and Sheppard and heading east to some trails I ride in Pickering and Ajax.

Sent from my SM-G390W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Could my 250 keep up or are they entirely different class?

On the highway, it would be tough to stay with DRs and KLRs. Once you get to the trails, you will be fine unless these guys only do wide open gravel roads.

I'm just waiting for a sticker for my Husky and will be ready to do dirt soon. Unfortunately my bike totally sucks on pavement so I may be looking to get a trailer.

Could my 250 keep up or are they entirely different class? ...

np :D they can wait for you when you are on the hard top and you can wait for them once you hit the rough stuff.

"legal trails in Pickering and Ajax" lol nothing is legal now but there are plenty of old riding trails, I used to ride the rouge river valley all the way from north of the zoo down to the 401, north and west of the zoo there were all kinds of trails in the woods. All that area south of the zoo where the hydro lines are was fair game (great hillclimb spot) now that entire area is probably off-limits to motorized anything.

Last edited:
Same thing in the west end.Way back when,we could ride in the Etobicoke Creek valley from Burnhamthorpe up to the Airport.There was even a MX track at Centennial Park one year.The only places to ride a dual sport now are always a long ride away compared to the old days.

Anyone know how strict ganaraska is with the noise rule? I got a full fmf and it's pretty loud.

Also the site says you need a green plate to ride the trails. I assume blue plate is fine too?

af4f3f0ad0a3526b2f93c0b3b3f5c022.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a crf250l and looking for some riders I can tag along with.

I've ridden sport bikes for 7 years but pretty new on the dirt.

Looking to try Ganaraska or anywhere close-ish to the city.

Post here or send me a pm if you're up for a ride

Hey, sent you a pm but not sure if it went through. I ride a KTM 530EXC. I bought it to ride out for trails, I've done Ganaraska twice. I'm down to hit it up.

Tonight is Motosocial, http://themotosocial.com/toronto/. 8-10. I'll be there if you're free.

Cheers.

Hey, sent you a pm but not sure if it went through. I ride a KTM 530EXC. I bought it to ride out for trails, I've done Ganaraska twice. I'm down to hit it up.

Tonight is Motosocial, http://themotosocial.com/toronto/. 8-10. I'll be there if you're free.

Cheers.
Aug 12 is my buddy and I's tentative date. Both new on dirt but seasoned street riders.

Pm me if you're interested in meeting up

Bumping up.

Does anyone know good places to park at ganaraska. I know where to get the day pass and maps but does anyone know specific area to park where the trails are centrally located. We have blue plates if that matters.

Bumping up.

Does anyone know good places to park at ganaraska. I know where to get the day pass and maps but does anyone know specific area to park where the trails are centrally located. We have blue plates if that matters.

P6 is one of the more popular parking spots.

You can also go east on Boundary road from 115 and park in many places on that gravel road.
a254cba59b058e97b27f8c7b23883a8d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom