Need some advice following crash dealing with insurance... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need some advice following crash dealing with insurance...

Originally it was just a little north of 1k... I actually spoke to someone with some sense in the last hour and they've added to it now it is a little shy of 2k... which I am more satisfied with... I don't want to deal with this headache anymore!

I truly appreciate all the great advice.. it was definitely helpful and will be on my mind when I choose to get a new bike.. this year.. or next... Hopefully this year lol

Take your money and call it a day.

Originally it was just a little north of 1k... I actually spoke to someone with some sense in the last hour and they've added to it now it is a little shy of 2k... which I am more satisfied with... I don't want to deal with this headache anymore!

I truly appreciate all the great advice.. it was definitely helpful and will be on my mind when I choose to get a new bike.. this year.. or next... Hopefully this year lol

looks like a great settlement
cafe bikes are in fashion, so I understand how you may see value differently
I'd take that dough and smile, glad it worked out for you

this situation also goes for folks that spend a ton of dough on accessories and mods
not hard to get carried away and spend an extra 10k on a bike

but if the bike is not insured for the added value and is written off
you get only market value for the bike, the 10k is gone

Take your money and call it a day.

That's the plan. They could only adjust up to a certain amount without going through the paperwork.. finding receipts.. speaking to another appraiser option...

I'm going to take it and forgo the further headache...

Next bike, something more visible to the trucks behind you ;)

And leave big mirrors on your bike and signals...its not worth a life for the aftermarket small crap out there.

Did you bang your helmet in the wreck? If the helmet has a mark on it then it's garbage and insurance will pay for a new one. I find the bright yellow ones to help pick out bikes in a sea of cars.

For that bike ... take the money and run ... which it looks like you have already decided to do.

For next time, if the bike is really going to be worth something and it isn't going to be daily-ridden, look into agreed-value insurance.

Otherwise ... Don't spend too much money on a vehicle that doesn't have agreed-value insurance on it ... or, be willing to take your lumps.

Next time they call... Tell them you have to call them back, that you've just arrived at your doctor's.. because your back is feeling weird and is starting to bother you.
Then call them back and discuss your appraisal.

That is poor advice. It is TWO completely different departments that deal with AB, (Accident Benefits), and the one that deals with property damage. The appraiser could care less if you told him you lost and arm and a leg in the accident he/she is ONLY concerned with paying out the least amount for the property.

Glad to hear OP, you have come to what you consider a reasonable offer. I am surprised that they increased that much. I would have suspected them to go from 1K to maybe $1300. Take the 2K and RUN...lol You will if you don't already, have the money in a matter of hours. When my last bike was written off, I asked the adjuster how long before I see a cheque, his reply was cheques are so yesterday. give me your email and we will eTransfer the money to you. I had the cash deposited and available in approx 2 hours...lol

Last edited:
And leave big mirrors on your bike and signals...its not worth a life for the aftermarket small crap out there.

Bump to that, those after market mirrors are death traps and taking out the signals, yes it's legal to hand signal but Tony the Trucker dong a 14 hr shift on 401 ain't gonna see your tiny arm signal in black leather at night, and make you roadkill.

Funny your bike looked way better and cool in the original pic than in the after pic. Sorry to say in the after pic the bike looks like a bad hipster home job.

My advice if you find another one like this keep it in it's original state, the value is better and more appreciated as a clean classic rather than the flavour of the month urban hipster ride. The best ones out there I've seen only had small changes to them like perhaps the seat in a tan leather and maybe lower bars but they kept all the other original parts fenders included.

Last edited:
+1 Take the $$$. Just south of $2K, you are ahead of what the bike was worth. If the 2nd pic was the way it was at time of accident, you couldn't sell it for $1k unless it was someone really wanting that particular year as a project....even then maybe not.

Last edited:
+1 Take the $$$. Just south of $2K, you are ahead of what the bike was worth. If the 2nd pic was the way it was at time of accident, you couldn't sell it for $1k unless it was someone really wanting that particular year as a project....even then maybe not.

This was my first bike and I honestly planned to ride it until it was done..
It probably looks better in person than in the photo.. I got a lot of positive comments on it.. and there were things in the pipeline I had planned still.
Ah well.. I think my days of customizing like that are done.. lol.. time to start riding a R6

Thanks everyone for the help and non trolly comments :D

MUCH appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom