Am I crazy? MT-10 in place of my F4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Am I crazy? MT-10 in place of my F4

perferd

I'm having thoughts of a yamaha MT-10 to swap out my mv agusta F4....

Nothing wrong with the MV at all it's just that I'm 39 now and been doing some track days. Also I'm looking into doing some longer road trips...but I need some excitement lol

Yes.

But you need to do what makes you happy, you can always buy another MV.

Why MT-10 instead of a Tuono? You can keep the some of the exotic feel of the MV with a much more comfortable riding position.

Naked would suit your needs better for sure.

MT 10 is over priced here in Canada sadly. At that price point the s1000r/tuono are better choices. Tuono -Reliability may not concern you since you had an MV, but fuel range is bad. Ergos are still fairly aggressive, probably the most of any super naked.

If you`re looking to tour but still hit the streets/track why not the BMW S1000XR? Retuned engine from the S1000RR, all the electronic goodies, up & down quickshifter, cruise control, it's got rave reviews everywhere.

I would also look at the Super Duke R or GT. Warranty is abyssmal though, just a heads up.

Last edited:
Sell the MV, buy a well sorted track bike, and a nice used ST1300 or FJR1300 for touring.

Get a Moto guzzi if you like exotic Italian fare. Comes with free dental filling adhesion check each time you ride.

Naked would suit your needs better for sure.

MT 10 is over priced here in Canada sadly. At that price point the s1000r/tuono are better choices. Tuono -Reliability may not concern you since you had an MV, but fuel range is bad. Ergos are still fairly aggressive, probably the most of any super naked.

If you`re looking to tour but still hit the streets/track why not the BMW S1000XR? Retuned engine from the S1000RR, all the electronic goodies, up & down quickshifter, cruise control, it's got rave reviews everywhere.

I would also look at the Super Duke R or GT. Warranty is abyssmal though, just a heads up.

Really? I thought the s1000r was boring compared to the crossplane MT10?

Superduke is like 20k isnt it?

Really? I thought the s1000r was boring compared to the crossplane MT10?

Superduke is like 20k isnt it?

From all reports it actually builds more power lower in the revs then the mt10, i'm going to try to get on one during bmw demo day in august. The biggest complaint about the bmw is that there's nothing about it that promotes emotional attachment, but it does everything well.

20k indeed, if hes coming off an F4 he would likely have 3/4 in his pocket already.

What aspects of the F4 are you trying to improve on, & is your priority track or sport touring? imho good handling sport touring bikes require very little rider input and are thereby :/ relatively less inspiring.

... so many nice bikes to choose from :D

Last edited:
From all reports it actually builds more power lower in the revs then the mt10, i'm going to try to get on one during bmw demo day in august. The biggest complaint about the bmw is that there's nothing about it that promotes emotional attachment, but it does everything well.

20k indeed, if hes coming off an F4 he would likely have 3/4 in his pocket already.

After the Fz it will be hard for me personally to ride a bike that doesn't inspire some sort of stirring emotions now ("Character")

I sat upon (but did not test ride) an MT10 before buying my Tuono. I recall it feeling very similar to my Fazer; more of a comfort-oriented seating position, a less severe leg angle, wider tank (atop wide I4 engine). The seat felt lower, as if I was "in" it rather than "atop" it like the Tuono. I pictured myself as being able to do a lot more touring miles on the MT than on the Tuono but that if I wanted to track a bike it would be the Tuono.

While its appearance something of an acquired taste, it's a cracking bike with a nice engine. Don't think you can go wrong with the MT10.

After the Fz it will be hard for me personally to ride a bike that doesn't inspire some sort of stirring emotions now ("Character")

i hear ya.

Zero track time for the bike. I'm thinking more of comfort and longer rides with the ability to attach Hard Luggage. However I don't want to lose the sport aspect and the reason mt10 instead of the fjr1300 type bikes. The tuono and s1000r are on the radar along with the ktm but honestly i like something about the yamaha. If I got the tuono it would be an rf and then I might as well get the rsv4 lol. That thing is basically a superbike but naked as where the mt10 looks and feels more like a superish naked if that makes sense lol...

And yes a dedicated track bike is looking good...

Come to think of it I need more info on the kawi h2 sx...

Last edited:
Zero track time for the bike. I'm thinking more of comfort and longer rides with the ability to attach Hard Luggage. However I don't want to lose the sport aspect and the reason mt10 instead of the fjr1300 type bikes. The tuono and s1000r are on the radar along with the ktm but honestly i like something about the yamaha. If I got the tuono it would be an rf and then I might as well get the rsv4 lol. That thing is basically a superbike but naked as where the mt10 looks and feels more like a superish naked if that makes sense lol...

And yes a dedicated track bike is looking good...

You`re correct, the tuono is a race bike with different bars and pegs.

The Yamaha is a fine choice, i mean i have the FZ09 after all. I'm just a bit jaded that we pay around $3,200 extra in Canada, for $12.5k/13k its a steal.

I would still recommend the S1000XR, it's checking all your boxes.

[video=youtube;aKHD-KhgBKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHD-KhgBKA[/video]

I believe they refreshed it last year, but this reviews the 'current gen'

Last edited:
You`re correct, the tuono is a race bike with different bars and pegs.

The Yamaha is a fine choice, i mean i have the FZ09 after all. I'm just a bit jaded that we pay around $3,200 extra in Canada, for $12.5k/13k its a steal.

I would still recommend the S1000XR, it's checking all your boxes.

[video=youtube;aKHD-KhgBKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHD-KhgBKA[/video]

I believe they refreshed it last year, but this reviews the 'current gen'

I haven't heard this, why do we pay extra? Is it only for the mt10?

I haven't heard this, why do we pay extra? Is it only for the mt10?

Yeah it's around $12.5-$13k in America/Europe. No idea man, that's why i'm rejecting this bike on principal lol. FZ09 we pay $1k more then the U.S.

Older FZ1 may fit the bill.
There is a nicely sorted one in the classifieds for sale. :wink:

I dont consider the exchange.

Look at the pricing for s1kr and tuono.

S1kr is 15,895 in the US, here its 18k but based on exchange you used it should be 20k.

Hmm guess I don't understand lol. If I were to go to the us to buy the bike it would cost me 17k but if I just buy it here it only cost me 16.2k. I do think we pay a little more tax but in the end I still think it's actually cheaper in Canada. Not that it really matters though lol...

BTW I like your bike giddyup...

Back
Top Bottom