Need to replace R6 tires and looking for suggestions | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need to replace R6 tires and looking for suggestions

Nothing specifically against it, but since hardly anyone uses it, and its not a top brand...I dont want to take a risk being a guinea pig for something as important as tires

But if enough people(for instance yourself) come and say they have good experience with them, I might try them out

Im just paranoid about tires so never taken a chance on an off brand tire I suppose

had a set of Avon Trailriders on the FJ09
they were really good, long life, great in the wet
sticky on the dry, extremely good on gravel
got 16,000 km out of the rear...but $500/set

prolly not a good choice for an R6 however

I personally would never buy shinkos...or avon....

My experience with BT021s wasn't that great either...

Better to stick to current gen models on big boy manufacturers

Have you ever tried either?
Lots and lots of privateers run Avons, with great success. They are the tire of choice in vintage racing. They are not cheap and they're not the best at "feedback" but NOTHING beats the AM22/23 series tires in their segment.

I put a pair of Shinko 003 soft on my 900SS and have nothing but good things to say about them... beyond the price. I was at Mosport a couple of weeks ago and the guy I was pitted with was complaining that his Metzler Rentecs were getting greasy long before I was.

What I want to know: Why the hell would you buy a R6 then put touring tires on it?

from recent Q3+ purchase for my 600. To save some money take advantage of manufacturing rebates, rebates on servicing the tire, either wheels on or off the bike. Tire seems to be always on sale on a deep discount. For wheels on the bike adjust your chain before you take the bike in (adjusting the chain was extra charge for me). I am sure you know about breaking in new tires. later

I just got an R6 about a month ago and need to replace the tires. It's my first time buying tires for a SS, previously I rode a 250r. I got some suggestions at Forks of the Credit this weekend - one was to go with Dunlop Roadsmart 3s since they'll last longer. Any advice on tires you've enjoyed/disliked would be much appreciated.

I have been told Dunlop Q3 + lasts 17 K kms...and you can use them in track as well as road

I have been told Dunlop Q3 + lasts 17 K kms...and you can use them in track as well as road

Dont know where you got that one...but seems unlikely

AFAIK the only sporty tire with good mileage is probably the Power RS? (at least according to Ryan F9)

Got the tires shipped in from Pete's to Cycle World Superstore in scarborough since it's right by my workplace. It cost a little over 200$ just to change them, is that standard price or did I get ripped off?

Got the tires shipped in from Pete's to Cycle World Superstore in scarborough since it's right by my workplace. It cost a little over 200$ just to change them, is that standard price or did I get ripped off?
$200 is expensive. I know people here pay like $40 a tire. I paid $110 total for front/rear at St. Onge in Barrie.

You paid $200 to have tires mounted!?!

yeah that's kind of a
should buy them from me next time price
but realistically, any decent shop is $100/hour
so if you include the balance, weights, shop supplies etc
pay HST on all that, it's not terrible

Whomever told you that has been on the meth pipe for way too long.
5-6K *MAYBE* out of a rear and 9K out of front if you're lucky, riding street only.

Been riding Dunlop Roadsmart 3 - rear looks like it will last me 8K km. Q3 front. Looks like it'll be a replacement of both at the same time. Perfect.

jesus....200 to change tires?! 40-50$ per tire is the norm...

I'd heard cycle world is shady but goddamn...

40-50 wheels off the bike.
60-70 wheels on the bike is a reasonable amount.

Back
Top Bottom