Haggling on used motorcycles | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haggling on used motorcycles

Try selling a dirt bike, the scum of the earth come out to play, I do not know why.

I sold about 3 dirt bikes in the past year, I have some stories that people wouldn't believe.

if you have time to share them, I'm sure they'd make interesting reading?

Unless you're standing in the driveway with a way to get the bike home you're not really haggling. You're just voicing numbers.

lmao i've haggled at walmart. cheap coffee machine on display- tie wrapped to the shelf w no box. last one. talked to a floor manager $30 coffee maker for $20...

We'll aways take some money off of a display or open box or deleted item.

Hell, I've granted discounts to some customers just for being super pleasant and cool to interact with.

Just don't come at the manager with an entitled "I'm the customer so I'm the boss" attitude...

It does help to ask. I got a lower price at CTC on a pair of snow pants....one strap was shorter than the other. lol

We'll aways take some money off of a display or open box or deleted item.

Hell, I've granted discounts to some customers just for being super pleasant and cool to interact with.

Just don't come at the manager with an entitled "I'm the customer so I'm the boss" attitude...
this^ was just for the asking. was a pleasant experience.

I see here that some people don’t like potential buyers asking about reducing a price before going out to see it. My take on that is , I either ask before going to see it , or accept the price and then go see it. Setting up a meeting at full asking price and then haggling when there is rude imo.

And was thinking , what is acceptable in asking for a lower price. Let’s say a $3000 bike. What is offendable and what is within range of reason?

Wrong. First of all you have to go to inspect the bike in person before offering full price or a reduction. What happens if this bike is full of scratches and dents and I have already offer full price on it on the phone? Your logic doesn't make sense it's like accepting a marriage proposal from a 20 year old girl and when I get there she has no teeth and is bald headed.

You make the offer based on "as described".....if it's not, you adjust your offer. I expect that as a seller and buyer.

or you go check it out and then make an offer. What's so difficult to understand?

as a seller I ignore people that just shoot offers at me without seeing the bike, these guys are a waste of time, the ones that ask a few questions and then shoot an offer get told that all negotiations are done in person, lowballers either get an "lol" or a "yeah, I think I can live with that price" followed by silence to their requests to come see / pick up the bike.

as a buyer i'll ask as many questions about the bike as possible before coming to see it, and ask if there is room for negotiation on the price, all other negotiations are done in person after I see the bike.

Wrong. First of all you have to go to inspect the bike in person before offering full price or a reduction. What happens if this bike is full of scratches and dents and I have already offer full price on it on the phone? Your logic doesn't make sense it's like accepting a marriage proposal from a 20 year old girl and when I get there she has no teeth and is bald headed.
Depends how you like your blow jobs and ifnyoubgot a good wig guy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom