This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision July8th



Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision July8th

  1. #1

    This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision July8th

    A 31-year-old woman was airlifted to hospital after the motorcycle she was a passenger on struck another vehicle.
    The collision occurred around 2:40 p.m. Sunday at University Avenue and King Street in Waterloo.
    Police say the male driver of the motorcycle fled the scene on foot.


    https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/woman-a...sion-1.4005006


  2. #2

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    CBR 250?






    Incident #: WA18155877
    Publish Date: Jul 9, 2018
    Incident Date: Jul 8, 2018
    Location: UNIVERSITY AVE E and KING ST N, WATERLOO ON Canada
    On July 8, 2018, at 2:30 p.m., Waterloo Regional Police responded to a motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of King Street and University Avenue in Waterloo. The collision involved a Cadillac SUV, which was struck by a Honda motorcycle. Initial investigation suggests the motorcycle entered the intersection northbound on a red signal and collided with the SUV that was heading westbound on University Avenue. The force of the impact threw the motorcyclist passenger, a 31-year-old Kitchener female, off the bike. She suffered major injuries and was airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital. The male driver of the motorcycle fled the scene immediately after and was last seen flagging down a white Lexus style SUV and leaving the scene in it. The collision is still under investigation. Any witnesses are asked to call police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aprilia Caponord (RIP), 1974 mini
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by FLSTC View Post
    CBR 250?






    Incident #: WA18155877
    Publish Date: Jul 9, 2018
    Incident Date: Jul 8, 2018
    Location: UNIVERSITY AVE E and KING ST N, WATERLOO ON Canada
    On July 8, 2018, at 2:30 p.m., Waterloo Regional Police responded to a motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of King Street and University Avenue in Waterloo. The collision involved a Cadillac SUV, which was struck by a Honda motorcycle. Initial investigation suggests the motorcycle entered the intersection northbound on a red signal and collided with the SUV that was heading westbound on University Avenue. The force of the impact threw the motorcyclist passenger, a 31-year-old Kitchener female, off the bike. She suffered major injuries and was airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital. The male driver of the motorcycle fled the scene immediately after and was last seen flagging down a white Lexus style SUV and leaving the scene in it. The collision is still under investigation. Any witnesses are asked to call police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
    It would be strange if the bike involved with a major crash looked mostly fine and was leaning up against a pole with a helmet on the passenger seat. That may be a witness or something.

    GWS passenger. Rider, hopefully you aren't hurt but you're an idiot. Please don't ride again.
    Last edited by GreyGhost; 07-09-2018 at 04:49 PM.

  4. #4
    sburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    On A V-Twin
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    GWS hopefully they resolve this.

    Whatever is happening in Waterloo, I am staying away from there.
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    on my bike
    Posts
    8,026

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Has to be one or more of: Impaired, no license, no insurance, stolen bike, or something of that sort.

  6. #6
    boyoboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    2,241

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    jail time for this moron. soon as the passenger is able to speak with cops...
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

  7. #7

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Lots of weirdness here, especially the white Lexus part. WTH?
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

  8. #8

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    This is really odd, especially twice now. Does anyone think this could be some sort of insurance fraud going on? would be weird...

  9. #9
    Pegassus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    872

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    jail time for this moron. soon as the passenger is able to speak with cops...
    If she gives him up. Maybe she's a random girl he picked up?

  10. #10
    boyoboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    2,241

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    If she gives him up. Maybe she's a random girl he picked up?
    If? after being airlifted to hamilton, why wouldn't she give him up? cops will have a two page statement in no time flat. and how many women would get on a strangers bike these days? unlikely to say the least. but I hear ya. I hope this guy had insurance for the girls sake; but that too may not be likely given his behaviour...
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aprilia Caponord (RIP), 1974 mini
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    If? after being airlifted to hamilton, why wouldn't she give him up? cops will have a two page statement in no time flat. and how many women would get on a strangers bike these days? unlikely to say the least. but I hear ya. I hope this guy had insurance for the girls sake; but that too may not be likely given his behaviour...
    IIRC it was less than a decade ago that someone picked up a random female passenger downtown, lost her on the 401 while doing a wheelie and took off. I am not sure if they ever found him.

  12. #12
    boyoboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    2,241

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    IIRC it was less than a decade ago that someone picked up a random female passenger downtown, lost her on the 401 while doing a wheelie and took off. I am not sure if they ever found him.
    jeez. is there something in the KW water supply causing this?
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

  13. #13
    Pegassus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    872

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    If? after being airlifted to hamilton, why wouldn't she give him up? cops will have a two page statement in no time flat. and how many women would get on a strangers bike these days? unlikely to say the least. but I hear ya. I hope this guy had insurance for the girls sake; but that too may not be likely given his behaviour...
    I have had strangers (girls) ask me for a ride on my bike numerous times. Its not something out of whack.

    And you will be surprised the steel balls these girls have, when you try to intimidate them with brisk riding they will laugh and tell you to go faster.

  14. #14

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post
    I have had strangers (girls) ask me for a ride on my bike ...
    #MeToo

    Nowadays, they first need a signed permission slip from my wife.

  15. #15
    kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Zealander living in Canada
    Posts
    4,004

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    IIRC it was less than a decade ago that someone picked up a random female passenger downtown, lost her on the 401 while doing a wheelie and took off. I am not sure if they ever found him.

    I thought they did?

    I found this..

    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/motorcycl...y-401-1.547020

    They caught him..

    https://www.cp24.com/police-make-arr...-dies-1.554111


    but it looks like passengers falling off wheelie bikes happen...

    https://www.thestar.com/news/2008/01..._accident.html

  16. #16

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    GWS passenger.
    Also, why is the passenger airlifted to Hamilton when the Grand River Hospital is just a few blocks away?

  17. #17
    Moderator Wingboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    4,404

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by Star72 View Post
    GWS passenger.
    Also, why is the passenger airlifted to Hamilton when the Grand River Hospital is just a few blocks away?
    Hamilton has the Neurological surgery unit.We live about a km from where the accident happened.My wife had a fall in the garage last october and she was sent to Hamilton as well.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

    2017 CRF250 Rally
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Toronto, GL1500
    Posts
    6,217

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Hamilton has the Neurological surgery unit.We live about a km from where the accident happened.My wife had a fall in the garage last october and she was sent to Hamilton as well.
    How's Mrs Wingboy? IIRC you were taking on new duties around the house.

  19. #19
    Moderator Wingboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    4,404

    Re: This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision Jul

    Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    How's Mrs Wingboy? IIRC you were taking on new duties around the house.
    Thanks for asking.She was making very steady progress up until 4 days ago and had a little fall in the bathroom at 4 am.Now we are back to where we were about 3 months ago.She just bruised her tailbone on the marble floor.Still using a walker,but we are confident for a full recovery.She will never ride pillion again tho.
    Retirement isn't what i thought it would be.Taking care of someone at home with a mobility issue is a huge job when you have to do everything else on top of the bare necessities.Any gardening or home upkeep gets put on the back burner.MC stuff is done later in the evening after i get her settled.I managed to do a few trials by getting our daughter to come in and check on her a bit.
    Life every day like it's the last.Cheers.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

    2017 CRF250 Rally
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •