This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision July8th | GTAMotorcycle.com

This time in Waterloo: Woman airlifted, man flees after two-vehicle collision July8th

CBR 250?

o2ffaS4.png

Incident #: WA18155877
Publish Date: Jul 9, 2018
Incident Date: Jul 8, 2018
On July 8, 2018, at 2:30 p.m., Waterloo Regional Police responded to a motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of King Street and University Avenue in Waterloo. The collision involved a Cadillac SUV, which was struck by a Honda motorcycle. Initial investigation suggests the motorcycle entered the intersection northbound on a red signal and collided with the SUV that was heading westbound on University Avenue. The force of the impact threw the motorcyclist passenger, a 31-year-old Kitchener female, off the bike. She suffered major injuries and was airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital. The male driver of the motorcycle fled the scene immediately after and was last seen flagging down a white Lexus style SUV and leaving the scene in it. The collision is still under investigation. Any witnesses are asked to call police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

CBR 250?

o2ffaS4.png

Incident #: WA18155877
Publish Date: Jul 9, 2018
Incident Date: Jul 8, 2018
On July 8, 2018, at 2:30 p.m., Waterloo Regional Police responded to a motor vehicle collision that occurred at the intersection of King Street and University Avenue in Waterloo. The collision involved a Cadillac SUV, which was struck by a Honda motorcycle. Initial investigation suggests the motorcycle entered the intersection northbound on a red signal and collided with the SUV that was heading westbound on University Avenue. The force of the impact threw the motorcyclist passenger, a 31-year-old Kitchener female, off the bike. She suffered major injuries and was airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital. The male driver of the motorcycle fled the scene immediately after and was last seen flagging down a white Lexus style SUV and leaving the scene in it. The collision is still under investigation. Any witnesses are asked to call police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

It would be strange if the bike involved with a major crash looked mostly fine and was leaning up against a pole with a helmet on the passenger seat. That may be a witness or something.

GWS passenger. Rider, hopefully you aren't hurt but you're an idiot. Please don't ride again.

Last edited:
GWS hopefully they resolve this.

Whatever is happening in Waterloo, I am staying away from there.

Has to be one or more of: Impaired, no license, no insurance, stolen bike, or something of that sort.

Lots of weirdness here, especially the white Lexus part. WTH?

This is really odd, especially twice now. Does anyone think this could be some sort of insurance fraud going on? would be weird...

If she gives him up. Maybe she's a random girl he picked up?

If? after being airlifted to hamilton, why wouldn't she give him up? cops will have a two page statement in no time flat. and how many women would get on a strangers bike these days? unlikely to say the least. but I hear ya. I hope this guy had insurance for the girls sake; but that too may not be likely given his behaviour...

If? after being airlifted to hamilton, why wouldn't she give him up? cops will have a two page statement in no time flat. and how many women would get on a strangers bike these days? unlikely to say the least. but I hear ya. I hope this guy had insurance for the girls sake; but that too may not be likely given his behaviour...

IIRC it was less than a decade ago that someone picked up a random female passenger downtown, lost her on the 401 while doing a wheelie and took off. I am not sure if they ever found him.

I have had strangers (girls) ask me for a ride on my bike numerous times. Its not something out of whack.

And you will be surprised the steel balls these girls have, when you try to intimidate them with brisk riding they will laugh and tell you to go faster.

IIRC it was less than a decade ago that someone picked up a random female passenger downtown, lost her on the 401 while doing a wheelie and took off. I am not sure if they ever found him.

I thought they did?

I found this..

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/motorcycle-passenger-killed-on-highway-401-1.547020

They caught him..

https://www.cp24.com/police-make-arrest-after-woman-falls-from-motorcycle-dies-1.554111

but it looks like passengers falling off wheelie bikes happen...

https://www.thestar.com/news/2008/01/24/motorcyclist_jailed_20_months_in_fatal_accident.html

GWS passenger.
Also, why is the passenger airlifted to Hamilton when the Grand River Hospital is just a few blocks away?

GWS passenger.
Also, why is the passenger airlifted to Hamilton when the Grand River Hospital is just a few blocks away?

Hamilton has the Neurological surgery unit.We live about a km from where the accident happened.My wife had a fall in the garage last october and she was sent to Hamilton as well.

Hamilton has the Neurological surgery unit.We live about a km from where the accident happened.My wife had a fall in the garage last october and she was sent to Hamilton as well.

How's Mrs Wingboy? IIRC you were taking on new duties around the house.

How's Mrs Wingboy? IIRC you were taking on new duties around the house.

Thanks for asking.She was making very steady progress up until 4 days ago and had a little fall in the bathroom at 4 am.Now we are back to where we were about 3 months ago.She just bruised her tailbone on the marble floor.Still using a walker,but we are confident for a full recovery.She will never ride pillion again tho.
Retirement isn't what i thought it would be.Taking care of someone at home with a mobility issue is a huge job when you have to do everything else on top of the bare necessities.Any gardening or home upkeep gets put on the back burner.MC stuff is done later in the evening after i get her settled.I managed to do a few trials by getting our daughter to come in and check on her a bit.
Life every day like it's the last.Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom