Ever gone from a 1000 to a 600 maybe a 675 or 750? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ever gone from a 1000 to a 600 maybe a 675 or 750?

perferd

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone from a 1k down the line to a 600 ish bike.

Supersport.

The usual is to move up from say a 250ish to a 600 to then the 1k but wondering if anyone has gone back and why...

Not talking track bikes...

The way I figure it you need one bike for each purpose: go far, go fast, go anywhere. You need 3 bikes minimum.
BMW K100RS, MV Agusta f3 and a Montesa 4RT works pretty good for me, you just gotta figure out what works for you.

All I need to do to go from a 1000cc to a 125cc is pick a different bike from the garage. They're each fun in their own way.

Not a supersport by today's standards, but I went from a Ninja1000 to a KLR650.
5 tickets in one summer will do that.

Haha never thought about tickets. I did think about insurance reasons but not due to tickets lol

The way I figure it you need one bike for each purpose: go far, go fast, go anywhere. You need 3 bikes minimum.
BMW K100RS, MV Agusta f3 and a Montesa 4RT works pretty good for me, you just gotta figure out what works for you.

How is the MV? Terms of reliability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had no problems other then batteries, & I do my own service. They put the smallest battery in there possible to keep things light and it needs to be perfect to work reliably. They don't like to sit around in heavy traffic and will over-heat unless you can let it stretch its legs :D no traffic where I live.
Sound is incredible! I wasn't it expecting it to sound nearly as good as it does. Nice and narrow bike handles awesome, eats fuel, eats front brake shoes. Really hard not to wheelie (because it's fun Not because it's uncontrollable) she just wants to fly.

At one time my garage had a 750SS sharing space with a CBX250. The 250 maxed out at 120km/h and the SS could do close to that in 1st gear. Each was fun and had their uses in their own way. Ride them within their ranges and they were great.

Haha never thought about tickets. I did think about insurance reasons but not due to tickets lol
I know my limits and it's far safer for me to be riding a less powerful bike.
I used to fight all my tickets and always won, and then my wife said something about wasting time and energy fighting so many tickets.
This was also before HTA 172, and once that came into being I haven't received another ticket!

im taking it reaaaaaal slow. i started on a 150cc (maxed around 100km/h) and 'upgraded' to a mighty 250cc (maxes out around 130km/h and takes a while to get there!). next i'm totally gonna get something in the 400cc/40'ish hp range so i can actually pass people on the highway. thats enough for me! and my insurance isnt going to jump too erratically.

haven't done it yet, but part way through, kind of, that process
sold the 900 ST, bought an old cruiser, and the stable mate to that will be a smaller bike
FZ6, or Bandit type of bike with luggage

I went from a 500-1000-600-800-1000. Every bike I purchased was not really about the power though, just what I fancied at the time. Never regretted a drop in power or loved an increase. Ride whatever you want responsibly. There's no glory in having the fastest bike on the street, maybe at the track tho.

I ride 1000CC in Canada and ride 250CC and 600CC in Asia. All fun in their own way, but I prefer the 1000.

I have an MV f4 and love it. She has been good to me but sometimes I just wish I had an r6 with all the bells and whistles of a loaded s1000rr.

went from a Z750 to a DRZ400 once, surprisingly got more police attention on the 400 than on any of my bikes, it just begs to be ridden irresponsibly

not a fan of SS for street riding but if I had to choose i'd go with a 1000 over a 600, lots more torque and you don't have to rev the crap out of it to get to the fun zone.

I went from a 750 to a 636, and even though the 750 was much older, it was a lot more fun.

Gone up and down, down further and up and down.... I think I had just as much fun winding out my EX250 as my 1300GSXR -- not rip your arms off acceleration fun, but fun well beyond the legal limit on the street.

I currently have a ~175hp 1100 naked and a ~105hp 800 ST; pretty close to your criteria though neither are an SS.

I ride the 1100 most of the time and it's a physical workout and a laugh-inducing adrenaline rush just about every time. When I want a more relaxed, plush/smooth, quiet, more comfortable experience I'll ride out into the country on the 800. Different bikes for different moods.

They deliver their wares in such different ways. The big torque-monster V4 vs the smaller, smooth, revvy I4; the race-bred Ohlins vs the squishy OE Yamaha suspenders; the semi-RR ergos on the 1100 vs the much more touring oriented ergos 800. Their characters are very different and they have different missions in life.

I'm lucky to have both. If I only had the 1100 I'm not sure I'd want to go down to a mini-me version of it like you'd get 1KSS to a 600SS.

Back
Top Bottom