Uclear... disappointed customer service | GTAMotorcycle.com

Uclear... disappointed customer service

loktup

Anyone else using the Uclear communicators? A couple of years ago I bought a pair of the HBC200 Force. They have been ok but not great, about a year ago i found that my riding partner (my wife) kept complaining that she can't hear me because it sounds like I'm mumbling. We swapped the units and then I found I was having trouble hearing her so it seems like one of the units were faulty. I called Uclear and they suggested software update which I did but it was still bad. They then suggested buying new speakers... which I did, and to be safe i also bought the earbud version... same crappy quality.

I tried calling, emailing, Facebook and Twitter to get a last ditch answer as to whether I should just throw these out and replace with something else but customer service at Uclear doent reply to any of my attempts at communication (theres irony in there somewhere). This year I'm considering moving over to Sena or anything other than Uclear.

What's everyone else using? I dont care about listening to music, I basically want intercom between 2 and 4 riders and bluetooth for celphone. Suggestions?

Same issue with 2 out of the 3 in our group. Took them back to Cycle World and they handled the warranty. Are yours under warranty still?

No mine are no longer under warranty. My helmet does tend to squish my cheeks so I just figured that's why I sounded like I was mumbling. It was only after we swapped units that we realized it wasnt all me ��

I have no issues paying for a repair but not if they don't even answer their damn customer service calls. I would rather just pay the $700 on new set of Cardo units.

Uclear used to be all that but man they went downhill fast

Cardo Scala Q3 user here.
Only issue I have had is the battery life gets shorter and shorter as the unit ages.

I use Uclear and had great service. Bought it used and it had the mics built into the speakers. Emailed them and told them I wasn't happy with quality of voice....they sent the newer version with the mics on cords so I could place them more strategically. Problem solved....except that volume on speakers isn't loud enough at highway in some conditions (I wear earplugs). Overall still happy with service. The newer speakers are apparently quite loud...and the new unit itself apparently is more powerful/loud. Which model do you have?

Here's the response they sent ....

Thanks for your inquiry. You are looking for the Pulse Pro Speakers. These are our top-of-the-line speakers that feature a bigger driver over the standard speakers. Not only will they deliver more volume, quality, bass, and responsiveness, they also feature our "Pro Microphones" which give you better communication as well.

You may also want to look into upgrading to our newer AMP Series controllers. They feature new hardware that will help deliver more volume/quality audio as well.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,
UClear Digital Support

Here's the response they sent ....

Thanks for your inquiry. You are looking for the Pulse Pro Speakers. These are our top-of-the-line speakers that feature a bigger driver over the standard speakers. Not only will they deliver more volume, quality, bass, and responsiveness, they also feature our "Pro Microphones" which give you better communication as well.

You may also want to look into upgrading to our newer AMP Series controllers. They feature new hardware that will help deliver more volume/quality audio as well.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,
UClear Digital Support
Ahh the ol go f*** yourself

I finally got a reply back from Uclear after a week and a half. They replied via Facebook Messenger (real pro's) in broken English with some half assed excuse about restructuring and that their North American office will contact we directly.

I already have the Cardo slim line on order. I'd stay away from Uclear. An ok product for big bucks with crappy support.

Back
Top Bottom