Smart Turn System

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Turn System

Smart Turn System

I had a Smart Turn System installed about 6 or 7 weeks ago and All I can say is it works perfect. It always turns off the signal light every time after a turn. When I change lanes it will turn off the signal light .The only it won`t turn off the signal is if you are making a long gradual lane change . The unit cost $120 Canadian and I was charge 2 hours to install it but you could do it yourself. There are lots of reviews on youtube. I bought direct from STS online with a $10 coupon.

Re: Smart Turn System

neat

the Vstrom dude that broke his chain will be able to afford that after saving up for a year

My thumb does it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    My thumb does it for free.
    Can I borrow your thumb? Thanks.

Sure, comes along with the rest of me...riding your bike....for a fee.

Can you get one for the cagers that automatically turns the signals ON ?

Sure, comes along with the rest of me...riding your bike....for a fee.
    Certainly. I will only charge you $10 for each turn and $5 for each klm ridden. Lol.

Perfect. I only charge $20 per turn and $10 per km driven...and $50 per hour, plus mileage to get to you and return.

Perfect. I only charge $20 per turn and $10 per km driven...and $50 per hour, plus mileage to get to you and return.
    I only want your thumb. Not the whole hand as in "The Munsters" Thanks. Lol .I`ll pass.

got a feeling experienced riders are mocking this device lol. once you have ridden long enough... turning off the signal becomes automatic with little or no thought.

kind of like throwing on the seatbelt as you start the car...no thought req'd. you'll get there.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

I think I had one bike about 25 years ago that had self cancelling turn signals. None of my bikes since had it.

I think H-D has self canceling signals?
    looking at one the other day
    each grip had it's own turn signal switch
    weird

Goldwing 1800's have self cancelling signals.Very smart system.I thought it would be an issue for me because i had it for 16 years,but i haven't left my signal on at all on my little crf.I have hit the stupid horn button a few times tho.I'll never understand why Honda switched them?
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

2009 Ducati MTS 1100S
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175

I think the new Africa Twin Adventure version has auto-off signals from the factory.

Here's an honest video review on the STS signals.

I've pretty much made it second nature to off signals now, If this was like $49.99 CAD with shipping, i'd get it. And just re-use it on any future bikes I own, at the current price, I'll live without it.

Rode a demo '18 KTM 1090 with cancelling signals...works good, but
    had to cancel myself once or twice...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    I think H-D has self canceling signals?
    looking at one the other day
    each grip had it's own turn signal switch
    weird
    I think most Harleys do. I know the ones in my family all self cancel and they are a variety of different models.

BMW used to have the same setup for signals, I loved it and in my opinion was the best style for singling and was always in the proper place that just felt natural. They did switch to the more conventional style which is the only negative I have about my current bike.

Signal on left bar is for turning left, on right bar for turning right. Just made sense to me.

My 2010 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 has self canceling signals. likely will become std equipment

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I think most Harleys do. I know the ones in my family all self cancel and they are a variety of different models.

BMW used to have the same setup for signals, I loved it and in my opinion was the best style for singling and was always in the proper place that just felt natural. They did switch to the more conventional style which is the only negative I have about my current bike.

Signal on left bar is for turning left, on right bar for turning right. Just made sense to me.
    It might have made sense in BMW's world, but not in a world where everyone else adopted a different standard decades earlier.

I've owned nothing but Japanese bikes, and I had a 2007-ish BMW F800ST as a rental in Europe, and found the turn signals infuriating.

I think BMW started switching over when they brought out the S1000RR, and didn't want the turn signals to be a point of complaints for riders coming over from Japanese competitors. The late model F800R that I recently had as a rental in Europe, used the normal single turn signal switch.

Quote Originally Posted by hedo2002 View Post
    My 2010 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 has self canceling signals. likely will become std equipment
    My 1990 Yamaha FZR400 has self canceling signals. When I restored that bike, I put the sensor back into operation (wires had been cut). I kinda wish I hadn't. Granted, this is a simplistic system that just cancels the signals after a certain distance has been travelled. I always wish it left the signals on for another 50 metres. It always cancels just as I pull up to the traffic signal or stop sign ...

My 1986 Virago 1100 had it. 32 year old bike!
    Too bad it had a airbrushed picture of Garfield on it
    The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

https://www.mixcloud.com/shanekingsley/ - House music, Drum'nBass and Downtempo mixed sets