Smart Turn System - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart Turn System

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Smart Turn System

My '84 V65 had them, but they were gummed up with all the funk that had accumulated over the years.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

My 1987 BMW K75 has it. Turns them off after 100m. I usually turn them off myself ...
    '61 Puch DS60
    '66 Puch 250 SGS
    '87 BMW K75s

HD Self-cancelling signals work very well most of the time and the separate left-for-left, right-for-right signal switches took me about 30 seconds to get used to. It's more intuitive than the standard single switch system.
    Thousands of HD riders aren't complaining!

I have one signal device in my car...and one on my bike. No problem using either.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Some of the systems may accumulate you points on the M2X, as their timing doesn't always meet the requirements.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Some of the systems may accumulate you points on the M2X, as their timing doesn't always meet the requirements.
    Good point. (Ha Ha) Mine take 20 seconds before they turn off. That is an awful long time. Even at normal speeds, in a built up area. Could have passed several roads in that time.
    However, I think that most riders turn them off with out even thinking.

This is just an up date. I`ve had the STS for quite a while now and so far it is working great . When I left or right turn it always shuts of as soon as I complete the turn and most certainly has made motorcycling much safer. For me this has been money well spent. I hope this can help some one.