Ecu flash? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ecu flash?

TravR1

Anyone here doing it? Would rather not send my ecu away for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here doing it? Would rather not send my ecu away for weeks.

Shouldn't take weeks. Are you un-restricting or tune/mapping?

What bike etc?

Its a 2015 Fz-07. Wanna map it for a akra exhaust (installed) and disable injector decel cutoff.

Be very careful with ECU Flash
Make sure you save the stock map, have a custom map for your bike ready...and get educated how to do it properly.
Mistakes will grenade the engine
or get PC5 unit and bypass the BS

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I waited until winter before sending my ecu over to california.In the case of my bike they had many programs to choose from in regards to what was done to my bike.Would never go back to power commanders and Bazzaz units again(unless I was racing the bike or wanted 100% perfection).I had them delete the O2 sensor,delete the pair valve,delete the exhaust valve motor,lower the temp that the cooling fans come on, replace ignition curves,lowered RPM limiter slightly,disable deceleration fuel cut and of course optimize fuel curves.They just need to know what air filter you are using,exhaust you are using and type of riding (street-track) from what I remember.From what I understand the ecu flash in my case gets me around to around 90% of "perfection",Good enough for me and no wiring work needed,no dyno tuning plus the extras (in my case) of the things that the PC/Bazzaz cant do.Looks like Danos Performance does ecu flashes for your bike as well.

Out of curiosity, if you didn't use a dyno to check it (before/after), how do you know that you are around 90% of "perfection"? Or even if you made an improvement?

Out of curiosity, if you didn't use a dyno to check it (before/after), how do you know that you are around 90% of "perfection"? Or even if you made an improvement?

Easy,look at the dyno charts provided by the company for before and after and you also feel the difference as well.Especially the fuel cut on decereration.That's how the quality ecu flashers get their programming by experimenting on a dyno with various parameters and changes on a bike.yOu just have to find a flashing provider that has done all the dyno testing before hand to get you a quality flash and find one that previous customers are happy with for whatever bike you have.

I had Ivan flash my ECU and had it back in less than a week.
I had it done before the riding season though so not being able to ride was not a biggie.

wondering what happens if the flash gets corrupted?
does the shop replace your ECM? or is it owner beware?

Owner beware.

Owner beware.

thanks

was wondering based on kind of a strange story here awhile back
guy had his ECM flashed, put it back in bike, then hooked up his battery backwards
after sorting out the fuses etc, the bike would not run
took it to the dealer who told him the engine harness to ECM connection was damaged
he bought a new ECM....was a strange one

There are precautions that can be taken to ensure everything goes smoothly. Is the ECU getting flashed on the bench or on the bike? If it's on the bike then what is the condition of the battery (it can take 30-45 minutes to read certain ECUs)? Is the bike plugged into a charger and if so, then how stable is the charger? If it's on a bench then are they using a battery or a 12v UPS? Does the operator perform a read/write test before proceeding? Is the bike tested on a dyno before and after to verify everything? Is the shop building a custom flash for that bike or are they using a flash from a share site, built on a different market's ECU? Do they offer a guarantee? Do your research and ask questions.

Bunch of fairy tales to scare people. Ivan, schnitz and so many companies now offer ECU tuning without any issues whatsoever. Unless you are racing why go for the hassle/cost of a bazzaz?

Do you really think on the street you will be retuning your bike often?I Never did once when I had my PC3.

I will be sending my ECU to one of the above when I am away since the stock ECU is so restricted in the first four gears ( Zx-14R) and the fueling is terrible.

I went to riders choice first and did a fourth gear pull ( before ) I send off my ECU

BB

Look up through Facebork or InstaGran "JSFLASHTUNE". He works with SpeedLab (a mobile Dyno). I spent the $500 to have the bike on the Dyno and get the tune custom for my particular bike. Alas, each engine is always unique in some manner. He uses Flashtune as the company. I know there is also ECUUnleashed and Guhl's who reverse hack ECUs and does his own thing.

I know after mine he won't do another Fz8. Flashtune (the company) has some problems with their software and this bike so the if he touched the Ignition Maps, the bike wouldn't start. He could only play with the Fuel Maps. Regardless, I have nice smooth throttle (mostly from disabling Fuel Decel Cut), and in every gear, I am a second quicker to red-line.

Funny to see after 13 runs on the dyno on a very hot day my peak HP dropped from 95 (stock) to 93. lol. Obviously it was getting heat soaked, and in reality I'm probably at like 97hp.

I can see from JSFlashtune's posts he has down Fz-9 and Fz-7s already.

Both he and his partner (that one who owns the mobile dyno) have lots of experience with tuning motorcycles.

Back
Top Bottom