and this locks you into a timeline

personally I'm not a big fan of bike camping
body needs proper rest to do big miles
sleeping on the ground I'm not a big fan of

on bike trips I get a lot of use out the Booking.com app on my phone
rates are fair, and the convenience can't be beat
typically on the last gas stop of the day I'll get that going
see what is available along my route, make the booking, no BS

I'd recommend new tires before leaving. One less thing to worry about and leaves you more time to ride/explore. Plus worn tires are worse in the rain.

I'm in my 40's now and prefer a room after a days ride so I don't camp. I would recommend hotels instead of Airbnb. Avoid being locked into a place unable to adjust a timeline. Plus if you have a mechanical issue you're stuck either skipping a section to get there on time or forfeiting the price of the place.

Booking.com

We thought the same and did the same and it works in most places especially the US but East Coast Canada has a short tourist season, they fill up fast and bookings can be unobtanium. We had to drive 80 km away from Wolfville and got the last room in June !! After July 1st it's apparently just brutal.
Cape Breton even worse ...don't know about NL.

One thing with NS is you can day trip pretty much the whole region except Cape Breton from some place central.
Wolfveille is really nice and BearRiver could work too.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Bear-River--Canada

Free cancellation seems popular.

This looks neat

https://www.expedia.ca/Annapolis-Ro...p_cur=&exp_partner=1D_V2&exp_ts=1532325905330

There is more in the Halifax region and a visit to a brew pub there is fun.

We were sooo lucky in Gaspe - must ahave been a cancellation as we wandered in just at dark with no reservation, landed a really nice roomand this was out the window in the morning.

v2

Do your homework and just see how booked places are before you wing it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom