rumored new cbx !!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

rumored new cbx !!!

D

Dr. Luxurious

retro themed new cbx looks promising....

http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/new-six-cylinder-honda-cbx-design-registered.html

070218-six-cylinder-honda-cbx-design-03-768x563.jpg

looks like a cartoon.
the engine looks disproportionate to the rest of the bike - its too small.
yeah, a retro cafe motorcycle with a big honking rad. i don't get it.
too vague to take seriously.

Would Mr.Honda really build a solo seat bike with passenger pegs :rolleyes:

as the article states (which both you knuckleheads obviously didnt read)
these are rough concept drawings submitted to japans patent office , not the final design ..

these are rough concept drawings submitted to japans patent office , not the final design ..

actually they stated "cad" later in the article. which one it is i don't know. I do know I was pretty harsh ...

knuckle heads lol../i like that one.

EDIT my mistake? it stated cad rendering-whatever that means I thought it was done with cad. or implied? still looks like nothing more than a cartoon. think that motor is proportionate?
https://www.bikepics.com/pictures/2637265/1979-honda-cbx-1000
on a 60+ inch wheelbase.....

Last edited:
Doesn't fit, what are they trying to patent?

it could be registering the design , not a patent . Which is pretty vague space to, but you need to stay ahead of the design thieves.

Come on, I'd love to see a Chinese CBX clone just for the poor workmanship alone, not to mention the fireworks if it actually started.

they DID just realease the new cb300r which is the cafe version of the cbr300r (or cb300f)

interesting idea, but the styling is a fail
anyone with nostalgia for a CBX
is not going to want a horrendously uncomfortable and useless cafe
and the hipster crowd that likes those bikes won't have the dough for a new CBX

if they make it, I bet it has retro 80's styling, ie: standard, with current tech

Considering cartoons and CAD are done almost the same, not surprising.

yeah, this knucklehead doesn't have a good understanding of cad. I thought cad would require accurate dimensions/proportions...
knucklehead. hmm Im kind of liking the sound of that name. maybe I should change my boy o boy to knucklehead. deserve the name pretty regularly lol.

I think I found "leaked" patent office images for every Honda motorcycle made including the venerable Cub and Monkey bikes, these 8 bit grey scale cad renderings all appear to have been based on bikes already in existence, so with little doubt this 6 cylinder already exists even if there is only 1 in existence.

& I concur with JavaFan, what's the target market? Is like introducing a supercharged 4 lobe Wankel rotary engine during a global fuel crisis.

looks like a cartoon.
the engine looks disproportionate to the rest of the bike - its too small.
yeah, a retro cafe motorcycle with a big honking rad. i don't get it.
too vague to take seriously.

They could fix both of those problems by releasing this as a six cylinder 250. :)

I doubt they will sell many in any displacement as I suspect their cost on this will be crazy (hell they want 12K for a thumper dual sport, I could easily see this priced in line with the wing (eg. 25K+).

Back
Top Bottom