Back rider? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Back rider?

micelli.i

What's the youngest age someone can ride with an adult? Other than having a helmet for them, do you need anything else? Also, would you recommend a novice rider to have an additional rider, behind? Do you find it distracting to have someone wrap their arms around you, as you ride? Sorry, if noob questions.

What's the youngest age someone can ride with an adult? Other than having a helmet for them, do you need anything else? Also, would you recommend a novice rider to have an additional rider, behind? Do you find it distracting to have someone wrap their arms around you, as you ride? Sorry, if noob questions.

Feet must reach the footpegs

Yes, by law the passenger needs to be able to reach the pegs.

Riding with young children is also risky in that they lose focus or interest quickly, and have also been known to fall asleep.

As for a newbie rider having a passenger, it wouldn't be something I'd recommend. It changes the handling dynamics of the bike fairly significantly (especially an adult vs a child) and without adequate skill to handle these changes in an emergency situation it could be a recipe for bad things happening. Personally, at least 2 (maybe 3) years of solid riding experience would be the minimum before I'd recommend taking a passenger.

Some will without doubt disagree.

+1 as a novice rider it's best to get used to riding first. I however let my gf at the time talk me into taking her as a passenger with only a month or so riding. A couple of minor learning stumbles and it was fine forever after. Make sure your passenger is geared up.

Feet must reach the footpegs

What a weird law...they need a car seat for a 10 year old but that same 10 year old can sit on the back of an SS and go to the freeway if his feet can touch the pegs

Back
Top Bottom