What should be the price? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What should be the price?

Yup.

And if you're getting responses to your ad within 3 min, you've left some money on the table. Not that this is a bad thing if you value getting the sale over quickly.

I never rode a Gen 1, so no reference, but its still essentially the the same bike (Gen 2) on paper they improved all the weak points, but realistically I found on the 2017 the throttle is still snappy/snatch in A mode id say in stop and go city traffic with poor road conditions its almost unrideable. I stick to B mode. But when your out in the open in the country, or on B roads, switch to A and let it rip. Suspension is probably still far too soft.
2014, or 2018, you wont be doing track days with these. But the engine is so ****ing awesome, that i really dont give a ****, and would buy one again in a heart beat without a second thought.

fuel mapping on the FJ's is a bit different I'm sure
A mode was useless on my '15
as I always had luggage and usually weight on board
it was always looking to wheelie

Std was default and used almost always
still kinda snatchy, but no accidental throttle wheelies
and the torque available was grin inducing

B mode tamed the bike so much it was only used in hard rain

the substandard suspension I believe stands out more on the FJ
it is a bit heavier bike and with luggage and stuff is pretty awful
hitting any kind of road imperfection while over a bit was terrifying
so it caused me be cautious in the corners

an ST that isn't good with weight
and discourages spirited riding is kind of missing the point

looks like for '19 they have addressed every issue with the bike
Tracer 900 GT, reviews are stellar, sounds like they have made it a real mid size ST
but at 15K, what is the point? just get an FJR and stop fokking around :)

Alright guys, all great inputs. I will keep looking for deals on fz09 and fz07, both new or used.
I had shortlisted the bikes on the original post as my one of my next bike but from discussion above, it seems to me I should scratch out fj 09.

Don't over look FZ8....I like inline fours

$_59.JPG

Pretty one too ....zilch km.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/barrie/yamaha-fz8/1356832127?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

FWIW my son had a choice between first year FZ09 and the 2013 FZ8 and took the FZ8...really enjoyed it ...took it cross country.

Last edited:
Alright guys, all great inputs. I will keep looking for deals on fz09 and fz07, both new or used.
I had shortlisted the bikes on the original post as my one of my next bike but from discussion above, it seems to me I should scratch out fj 09.

don't let my solo opinion of the FJ-09 spoil the bike for you
completely unloaded it is alright....only a problem for me when loaded up
but because of the sort of tripping I do, my bike is usually loaded up

it may be okay for you, depending how you wanted to use it

FWIW, a buddy of mine has gone though several bikes (he can't seem to keep one for longer than a year or so) and he says the FJ-09 is the best all around bike he's owned so far.

Back
Top Bottom