A crappy idea but someone had to think of it | GTAMotorcycle.com

A crappy idea but someone had to think of it

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I like to put my gloves doo rag etc in my helmet and put it upside down on a shelf so the stuff doesn't fall out but then it has the mind of a bowling ball. The lid is more susceptible to scratches as well.

I bought a foam toilet gasket, put it on the shelf and all is good. Made a nice nest for the lid and accessories.

1) Don't use a wax gasket

2) Don't use a used gasket

3) Whatever you do DON'T use a used wax gasket

Brother in law did that after a hot wet ride and left them for a while.

When he grabbed them again, there was an interesting mould growing on everything.

i like to keep my stuff separate, so it has time to air out.

$20 for a rubber donut?????

+1 I leave everything separate and have my helmet on the shelf right side up with visor open.

LOL I thought I was the only one that did this! I leave my mp3, gloves and keys inside my upside down helmet in my closet.

Brother in law did that after a hot wet ride and left them for a while.

When he grabbed them again, there was an interesting mould growing on everything.

i like to keep my stuff separate, so it has time to air out.

Nasty. Get the funk out. Good God y'all.

I'd rather not get fully geared up for a ride and then finally pull on a full face helmet that reminds me of a wet gym sock that's two weeks old. Been there ... still gotta ride though right?

$20 for a rubber donut?????

+1 I leave everything separate and have my helmet on the shelf right side up with visor open.

This. The stuff inside isn't going anywhere.

Air them out after every ride where spiders can't get in easily.I have a couple of handrail brackets mounted on my wall with sponge balls from the dollar store stuffed on them.
P7050048_zpsrc347w2c.jpg

P7050047_zpsdj1njsht.jpg

P7050049_zpsgsz1rq1f.jpg

Air them out after every ride where spiders can't get in easily.I have a couple of handrail brackets mounted on my wall with sponge balls from the dollar store stuffed on them.
P7050048_zpsrc347w2c.jpg

P7050047_zpsdj1njsht.jpg

P7050049_zpsgsz1rq1f.jpg

This scares me. Needs to protrude more and have a more secure 'ball'... maybe even an upward angle.

could you not put your stuff in the helmet, put the helmet in the cloth bag it came with which will protect it from dust/insects whatever , and then place it on the shelf ?

Back
Top Bottom