3 day ride - algonquin? | GTAMotorcycle.com

3 day ride - algonquin?

alekomotto

Hello,

Have some friends coming in from out of province and decided to do a small group ride up north for about 3 days. Would like to hit algonquin and surrounding area, possibly even north bay.

Open to suggestions on ppl's favorite spots or preferred routes.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Screaming Heads at Burks Falls is a must see.

head NE from North Bay and connect with Quebec HWY 101
go north
best road I've seen in the area
new pavement, turns and elevation changes
jaw-dropping scenery, frequent rest stops with running water
and no LE in sight, very conducive to spirited riding

Just spent the weekend riding around Huntsville, Ontario and the roads are so crazy! Tons of elevation changes which make lifting that front tire feel so natural.

Do be careful of wildlife right now though, in a 7 km ride we saw at least 3 different groups of deer (one in the middle of the road) as well as some other weird possom looking things walking across the road. We also saw a snapping turtle! The wildlife can be a real issue.

The lack of rain and hot temperatures have also dried out the shoulders and brought quite a bit of sand onto the roads too in spots all over up north.

head NE from North Bay and connect with Quebec HWY 101
go north
best road I've seen in the area
new pavement, turns and elevation changes
jaw-dropping scenery, frequent rest stops with running water
and no LE in sight, very conducive to spirited riding

Quebec 101 most definitely has a law enforcement presence at times. A fried has a cottage there and has conversations with the Gendarmes almost yearly. It is a pretty road, but watch out for cops and moose.

Hello,

Have some friends coming in from out of province and decided to do a small group ride up north for about 3 days. Would like to hit algonquin and surrounding area, possibly even north bay.

Open to suggestions on ppl's favorite spots or preferred routes.

Thanks!

Personally, I find the main roads in and around Algonquin (60 and 17) to be boring. You are better off hitting other nearby areas like Haliburton, Huntsville, Maynooth etc. Scout for gas stations on google before wandering if the bikes don't have a lot of range, there are routes that can be surprisingly dry.

I want to try and work route 6 into the trip.
9fa24d6b721d4aa532eb985217bdebe4.jpg

Manitoulin island itself is boring ride on crappy roads when I did it few years back. Espanola to Little current is very decent with smooth roads...There are quite a few blind corners so watch out for OPP during daytime.

Back
Top Bottom