Non-motorcycle question, tweens riding shotgun in a regular cab truck - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-motorcycle question, tweens riding shotgun in a regular cab truck

Re: Non-motorcycle question, tweens riding shotgun in a regular cab truck

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    According to the owner's manual, the sensor for the air bag is supposed to correctly handle the situation and also has an ON/OFF indicator.
    that depends on the type the vehicle is equipped with. Base model trucks get a seat occupancy switch and a disable switch in the glove box. Higher trim level Sierra/Silverado got this weight monitoring system that mine is equipped with, no switch in the glove box.

my girls are 10 - 12 lbs difference in weight, the lighter one won’t turn on the airbag and the heavier one does.
    Last edited by theraymondguy; 07-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Re: Non-motorcycle question, tweens riding shotgun in a regular cab truck

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    An email from some random cop will hold as much weight as an email from anyone of us... and that's if you can find a cop willing to write it up for you... which you won't.
    lol, I have an acquaintance on the Local Regional Police force, I didn’t ask him - not that he wouldn’t have the “correct” answer, but if I were ever pulled over - what Authority would “my friends opinion” have against the Officer standing at the window of the truck? And besides, that’s a Favor to ask phone call I’m saving for something I couldn’t avoid.