Riding Dunlop Q3+ tires? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Dunlop Q3+ tires?

perferd

Have you guys heard of anyone finding splits in their Dunlop q3+ tires after mounting and riding? I have found 2 separate people in 2 separate areas purchased at 2 separate shops that have splits in their Dunlop q3+ tires after they were mounted and ridden. These were in the sidewall around both sides of the tires by the white strip and writing.

Have you guys heard of anyone finding splits in their Dunlop q3+ tires after mounting and riding? I have found 2 separate people in 2 separate areas purchased at 2 separate shops that have splits in their Dunlop q3+ tires after they were mounted and ridden. These were in the sidewall around both sides of the tires by the white strip and writing.

Tire pressures ?

Ill ask the guys about pressures but i would imagune just the regular 30-36.

The splits look like razor blade marks all around both sides of the tires...

Tires froze in storage maybe.That will make the rubber crack.Seen it happen lots of times,even with brand new tires.

So my buddy is hearing it might be from guys using box cutters to cut the tires out of their wrapping. That would be one hell of a coincidence if so. Also those can't be the only tires ever to be wrapped like that where cuts are made...

How old is the tire?The date of manufacture is molded into the sidewall.This pic is of the front tire of my 2017 Honda.It was made in the 18th week of 2017.
P7020046_zps0bd254vq.jpg

My bikes stay in an unheated shed all winter.
Never seen a tire crack due to that.

I've done 2 track days on Q3+, no cracking or splitting. I mounted them myself, so no damage during mounting.

I have an un-mounted set that will be going on my 675.
No cracks or deformities I can see.
Will monitor after I mount them and get some km's on them

Back
Top Bottom