And another one bites the dust | GTAMotorcycle.com

And another one bites the dust

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Maker of Indian Motorcycle considers moving output overseas

india-auto-expo.jpg

Minnesota-based Polaris Industries eyeing Poland

The Associated Press · Posted: Jun 29, 2018 5:45 PM ET | Last Updated: 37 minutes ago

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/indian-motorcycle-polaris-tariff-1.4729308

Make poland great again?

I'm hoping this will result in cost reduction

comments are interesting

move production to Canada

I like the idea
but no one is gonna buy a

First Nations Motorcycle

I doubt any cost savings would be passed onto the consumer.

Sent from the Moon!

I doubt any cost savings would be passed onto the consumer.

The "Savings" are the lack of any possible tariffs, therefore the price stays the same instead of increasing.

That constitutes a saving being directly 100% passed onto the consumer.

marketing guy "its about heritage and patriotism!"
accountant "did you want a company and a job in three years?"
marketing guy " its about our new heritage, and global patriotism!!!"

imagine the dozens (maybe hundreds) of companies manufacturing in the US with steel, aluminum, wood products as a prime ingredient that are pondering the future. For every job 'saved' several may be lost

"Very stable genius"

I wonder about the smaller operations that don't have the resources to open plants in other places that are stuck dealing with this.

For every Harley or Indian or GM there must be a thousand smaller operations that export and will suffocate in Trump's tariff war.

I wonder about the smaller operations that don't have the resources to open plants in other places that are stuck dealing with this.

For every Harley or Indian or GM there must be a thousand smaller operations that export and will suffocate in Trump's tariff war.

Thats when they make america great again by sacking this orangutan.

Pretty much all the automakers have now stood up and told Trump that any attempt to tarriff their industry will have an immediate and very negative effect on American jobs.

Who wants to bet he doesn't listen, because of course he knows better?

Trump supporters are like moths flying into the flame.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bu...e-war-might-close-down-america-s-last-n887516

"Trump's trade war might close down America's largest nail factory — but workers remain diehard Trump fans"

“I know what affects me, and the tariffs are hurting me on a daily basis — I’d like to see relief,” Coffer told NBC News. “I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

this month, he eliminated 60 positions at the factory after a 50 percent drop in nail orders following Trump’s June 1 announcement of a 25 percent tariff on all steel imports from Mexico, the source of the company’s raw material.

“The economy is thriving, the home building business is thriving — so we should be doing well in turn,” Pratt told NBC News. “But it’s like he’s turned the lights off now. And it’s all because of the tariffs.”

Mid Continent had to increase the price of its products to offset the cost of the tariffs. Many of the company's customers immediately canceled their orders, since they could purchase nails at a lower price from international markets like China or Taiwan.

This is the tip of the iceburg, and Captain Trump is steaming all ahead full.

Winning! :rolleyes:

This is a test of how blind his blind followers are. It appears ... very blind.

The poor are often the most gullible, thats why they buy all the lottery tickets. Billionaires wouldn't mind an extra 100 million, but they know better.

I wonder if he's setting himself up when he's done his term. All these companies for sale for low amounts. New gov comes in and those tariffs go back. Boom busine$$ is up.

If you have a little bit of cash and a brokerage account, you can do that speculation yourself. Can't say I'm not doing some of that myself. (hasn't offset the hit taken so far, though)

Trump supporters are like moths flying into the flame.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bu...e-war-might-close-down-america-s-last-n887516

"Trump's trade war might close down America's largest nail factory — but workers remain diehard Trump fans"

This is the tip of the iceburg, and Captain Trump is steaming all ahead full.

Winning! :rolleyes:

"Yah I lost my jerb, but that's not Trump's fault, he's trying to MAGA, I'm going to blame the brown man, and besides, Obama wore a TAN SUIT!" :scratch:

If you have a little bit of cash and a brokerage account, you can do that speculation yourself. Can't say I'm not doing some of that myself. (hasn't offset the hit taken so far, though)

a little late, but if you can hit a downtrend and buy in
MJ stocks still have a lot of legs in them in the run up to October legalization

Back
Top Bottom