Thinking of buying a small car | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of buying a small car

I have to vote for the Mazda 3 as well. Great unassuming car with good engine build quality, cheap to maintain and insure and overall great value for the money. When I was looking for myself, I came across Downsview Auto. They always seem to have a load of 3's that are rust free at great pricing. They have a bucket load of manual trans at or under your price range now.

Buy one of these, do virtually nothing to it but drive it. Have it oil sprayed though.

I'm not sure if I should thank you for the downsview Auto link or not, I can buy a beater (certified) Mazda 3GT manual for about what I spend in two months on gas. Here we go......

Is getting parts for a saturn still easy enough? I'm just askin , I have no idea

Not bad actually. Not any different than say a Pontiac or Oldsmobile.

A lot of generic parts bin stuff. Although The Astra origins are from Opel in Europe if I remember correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup German car
one issue would likely be hard to get reman stuff
like starters, alternators, CV shafts etc
new German parts can be nasty expensive

There's guys that rebuild those locally. Costs a lot less than buying a rebuilt part from a store.
yup German car
one issue would likely be hard to get reman stuff
like starters, alternators, CV shafts etc
new German parts can be nasty expensive

wouldn't touch the tiny jap cars, Fit, mazda 2, Yaris. they are penalty boxes.

get an even older Civic than the newer versions of the cars above, still a better car for the money.

ignore the saturn astra advice, opel GM garbage.

wouldn't touch the tiny jap cars, Fit, mazda 2, Yaris. they are penalty boxes.

get an even older Civic than the newer versions of the cars above, still a better car for the money.

ignore the saturn astra advice, opel GM garbage.
I have had 2 Chev Cruzes, they are the most dependable cars I have ever owned. You can get 2011-2012 models with less than 150K for under 5K.

When I speak to folks running Jettas, Corollas, Altimas I am by far the best on fuel economy and way way lower on maintenance. My first Cruze went 80K with nothing but oil changes -- no a single trip to the doctor in 4 years -- it safetied with zero work -- I didn't even have to replace the OE brakes or tires. I'm on my second now, 1.5 years in and the same = just oil changes.

My average fuel economy is 6.9km/100, about 70% city driving.

Sorry @Mina but that Astra is butt ugly.
Not Juke or Aztek ugly, but ugly nonetheless.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I still see an Aztek in my neighbourhood, and it's the same colour as Walt's!

Sorry @Mina but that Astra is butt ugly.
Not Juke or Aztek ugly, but ugly nonetheless.

Say what??????
9de311e9b42ac96c91e81c1e8fbebcee.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

Jokes Joe. Honest. Just try n to be funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Now @Nakkers! My Shadow is a thing of beauty!
Purple is the colour of royalty.

Now if it was me, and I'm a cheap
@$$, I'd be all over a Cruze like the ones mentioned previously in this thread. Cheap. Reliable. Decent looking....cool, even.

@madmike, is the turbo Cruze or naturally aspirated?
I'll run my Kia into the ground, but I like to keep track of options

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

Great suggestions everyone. Any thoughts on Suzuki Aerio? Its still japanese, low in insurance rating and cheaper than other japanese small cars.

Back
Top Bottom