How long can my bike sit in the summer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How long can my bike sit in the summer?

Noob28

So I bought a new bike and still have the old one(going to sell it) but there both stored in the garden shed and they barely fit, its a pain to align them just right to close the doors. Also the new bike is carbed not fuel injected and I am worried how long it can sit without problems in the summer weather. Would 3 days or 4 be good without starting?

Thanks

5 or 6 months would be fine....that's what they do in the winter, so no problem in the summer. For that long though, prep the same as for cold storage. Full tank and batt on tender or monthly charge.

You're not riding the clock from Lost, bikes can sit for months

make sure your air intake is mouse proofed

OP, I'll use it for a few days just to keep it running.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

So I bought a new bike and still have the old one(going to sell it) but there both stored in the garden shed and they barely fit, its a pain to align them just right to close the doors. Also the new bike is carbed not fuel injected and I am worried how long it can sit without problems in the summer weather. Would 3 days or 4 be good without starting?

Thanks

Aside from a 4 - 5 month winter storage period my bike ( and it has 4 carbs )has sat unused for as long as 6 weeks during the riding season due to other commitments or just lousy weather on planned riding days. Make a habit of plugging in your battery tender and then you never have to worry. If you are concerned about ethanol gas separating then buy a premium gas without ethanol and you'll have no separation issues even if it sits for a couple of months.

Yer not even riding yours.... lol
Bro! Check out the Tag thread. I've been out at least twice this year!

Bro! Check out the Tag thread. I've been out at least twice this year!

twice, I better get my $hite together!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twice, I better get my $hite together!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lolz
Maybe when the kids are older I'll get out as much as you!
I think you've done more kms since you started riding than I have done in the last 8.

Back
Top Bottom