Pete's Superbike..??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pete's Superbike..???

No, but supporting your local shops helps keep them in business as well. At least give them a chance to give you their best offer.
Online isn't going to help you next time you need a good mechanic to diagnose/speak with.

100%

No, but supporting your local shops helps keep them in business

I'm a believer in economic Darwinism... Sure, I'll "support" local businesses if they are competitive. If they can't compete and fail, well... It's not the consumers job to keep them in business.

At least give them a chance to give you their best offer.

Their best offer should be out there in plain sight. I shouldn't have to ask.

Online isn't going to help you next time you need a good mechanic to diagnose/speak with.

Plenty of service shops around that don't actually sell product... They make their living off off their skill, not from retail.

I'm a believer in economic Darwinism... Sure, I'll "support" local businesses if they are competitive. If they can't compete and fail, well... It's not the consumers job to keep them in business.

Before Pete’s Superbike entered the Ontario market, we the riders where paying large coin for tires.

Definitely worked out better with cheaper prices, but saying that I have only once purchased a set from him, every other occasion local dealers have matched his prices.

I'm ordering a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01's...
My current set of stock Michelin Battlax have plenty of tread left, despite the 12,000 kms they've rolled, but... I'm headed to Vancouver in August and don't want to have to swap rubber mid journey...
It's probably going to be a 10,000 km trip..!!

I have used Pete’s for many years. Always saves me money. I’m not spending half hour on the phone calling shops asking for thier “best price” or to “ price match”.

May I recommend 613 Motorsports.
Awesome service and knowledgeable folks.
https://www.facebook.com/The613Motorsports/
oXiCJHPgn3c.png

(613) 482-9594

40 min ride from where I live and the ride was beautiful.

They ship too

Okay, for the ride sure :)

Not making it out to Wed. meetups anymore?

I'm ordering a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01's...
My current set of stock Michelin Battlax have plenty of tread left, despite the 12,000 kms they've rolled, but... I'm headed to Vancouver in August and don't want to have to swap rubber mid journey...
It's probably going to be a 10,000 km trip..!!

which ones? T31? how did you like them?

Okay, for the ride sure :)

Not making it out to Wed. meetups anymore?
Work's been super busy, plus meetups are a bit late. Meetup spot is closer to work than home for me, so I would need to hang around work till 7:30 then make it in.

I'll try to make it next week though! Would you be going?

I check Pete's and Fortnine's all in price and they are usually pretty close on the tires I use, + or - $10. Service is great too with Fortnine having the edge here because I think their inventory levels are higher, have ordered at noon and got next day. Pete's might take an extra day. My bike use odd size tires and inventory is an issue everywhere mid season, I always have an extra set on hand so super fast delivery is really not a requirement.

I don't wanna hijack the thread but what are some good places to buy and put on the tire at the same time around Toronto if anybody knows?

I don't wanna hijack the thread but what are some good places to buy and put on the tire at the same time around Toronto if anybody knows?
As suggested few posts back, St. Onge in Barrie. Not Toronto but their prices are great

How much for the install if you know just for the rear 180/55
Not sure about 1 tire, but for both front/rear I paid $110 for install

If you get Dunlop's, there is a deeper discount and rebate. I got Michelins.

Last edited:
Work's been super busy, plus meetups are a bit late. Meetup spot is closer to work than home for me, so I would need to hang around work till 7:30 then make it in.

I'll try to make it next week though! Would you be going?

No worries man haha.

I go every week, Burrito Boyz is dead now though. So we go to Kennedy Commons after.

Back
Top Bottom