Pete's Superbike..??? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pete's Superbike..???

Re: Pete's Superbike..???

Quote Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post
    I found most shops won't install bring your own tires . Having bought from Petes before they have great fast service .
    I got around that by buying a NoMar Tire Changer/ Balancer set up when the Canadian dollar was strong and get all my tires from Pete's.I went into Brooklin Cycle once to get some tires installed on wheels already off the the bike. I asked the guy how much it would cost to have tires mounted. He looks at me and asks "Did you buy the tires here?". I said "No,unfortunately I just bought the bike here 8 weeks ago" .He said It would be $90 plus tax and it would be about a week (16 years ago, wheels off the bike).Never went back.
    Last edited by Bobo; 06-28-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Pete's Superbike..???

Quote Originally Posted by Noob28 View Post
    Oh okay I will check them out
    I bought my last set of tires from Pete and had them installed @ New Tec recreation (on Hwy 50 just south of Alliston) for $40.00 a tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa View Post
    which ones? T31? how did you like them?
    They're okay... I've never had a problem with 'em.
    I'm "mature" rider so... I ride like an old man.
    I'd bet any tire would do me Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I got around that by buying a NoMar Tire Changer/ Balancer set up when the Canadian dollar was strong and get all my tires from Pete's.I went into Brooklin Cycle once to get some tires installed on wheels already off the the bike. I asked the guy how much it would cost to have tires mounted. He looks at me and asks "Did you buy the tires here?". I said "No,unfortunately I just bought the bike here 8 weeks ago" .He said It would be $90 plus tax and it would be about a week (16 years ago, wheels off the bike).Never went back.
    'Same...
    Both times I've paid to have tires changed, rims off... They've screwed it up.

$110 bucks OMG to change 2 tires. I have a No mar as well and have only charged locals 40 for a set. I paid a dealership many years ago to do a rear tire on a band new bike I bought from them. The rim was marked all to hell after they were done....never again I said. So for many years I did it with tire irons until the No mar tire changer came along.