Insurance Void if Riding on Highway on M1? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Void if Riding on Highway on M1?

This thread has opened lots of eyes. OP if you can still claim pain and suffering you might as well do it and milk this. You are screwed for the next 7 years anyways. Make a back injury claim and don't work for the next 3 years. You should get yourself checked out by a chiropractor and he can attest that you are indeed injured. Some injuries don't appear until days or weeks after an accident

Obviously, you have NEVER dealt with an AB claim. The OP would at BEST be entitled to physio, perhaps massage, and Chiropractic care. To the MAXIMUM, of $3,500!! Also he would NOT qualify for IRB, (To be off work for ANYWHERE near 3 days, little lone 3 years). If he tried to pull that the insurer would under section 44 of the Insurance Act compel him to submit to several IE, (Independant Evaluations), by practitioners of their choice who would immediately rule him fit to work.

Unless, he found a lawyer who was willing to take on the case, (which they won't UNLESS, there is a party to sue, given the OP is at fault no one to sue). Then the law firm would have to be willing to spent $4 - 6,000 PER examinations by "their" experts to fight the insurer. So your "advice" is about as wrong as was the OP.

What you were "suggesting" is nothing short of insurance fraud, AND, it is a big art of the rates we pay. Look at your policy premiums... AB account for approx 75% of the premiums

Obviously, you have NEVER dealt with an AB claim. The OP would at BEST be entitled to physio, perhaps massage, and Chiropractic care. To the MAXIMUM, of $3,500!! Also he would NOT qualify for IRB, (To be off work for ANYWHERE near 3 days, little lone 3 years). If he tried to pull that the insurer would under section 44 of the Insurance Act compel him to submit to several IE, (Independant Evaluations), by practitioners of their choice who would immediately rule him fit to work.

Unless, he found a lawyer who was willing to take on the case, (which they won't UNLESS, there is a party to sue, given the OP is at fault no one to sue). Then the law firm would have to be willing to spent $4 - 6,000 PER examinations by "their" experts to fight the insurer. So your "advice" is about as wrong as was the OP.

What you were "suggesting" is nothing short of insurance fraud, AND, it is a big art of the rates we pay. Look at your policy premiums... AB account for approx 75% of the premiums

I’m not familiar with the AB side but I think he would only get minimal AB coverages considering he has a stat violation.

He would be eligible to sue a third-party if he can prove 1%+ liability on another party (joint and several liability / 1% rule suggests the entire third-party liability limits can be exposed if another party is 1% liable or greater, but this doesn’t work if the OP is the remaining 99% liable lol). I can’t think of a law firm that would agree to take on the tort side. Maybe the bottom of the barrel firms (Mazo, Alam, etc.).

Interestingly enough, plaintiff-sided medical reports are typically funded through a high rate of interest loan the lawyer forces the plaintiff to take on. You see these loan amounts all the time on disbursement lists, and the lawyers & “expert witnesses” pretty much split the cost if they get anything for it because they know it’s not collectible for the most part.

Anyways, back on topic. OP is screwed both in terms of first-party coverage and third-party coverage, and the time limit for all the dust to settle on this matter is 2 years + 6 months. Reassuring the OP “nothing will come of this” is very short-sighted; OP needs to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Interesting discussion.

At the risk of sounding callous I really don't have a lot of sympathy for the OP. New rider, license restrictions, new to him bike causes an accident in heavy rain on a highway he's not supposed to be on when he rear ends somebody. Be thankful you weren't run over and killed. Maybe those stupid bureaucrats knew a bit about managing risk when your license class stipulated you weren't supposed to use 400 series highways.

Once all the dust settles and you have an outcome in terms of a conviction, settlement etc........ please post and tell us all how it ended.

What in hell makes you think that an insurance-friendly practitioner has any teeth and force you to go back to work? This is where personal injury lawyers take over and adverstise all ove the city in buses and highway signs. "Have you been denied a claim by your insurance or boss because their doctors said that you are okay? Call us immediately".

If these insurance-friendly chiropractors had any teeth, there wouldn't be anybody receiving benefits and payouts and the Ins companies wouldn't be crying about millions in losses.

The reality distortion field is strong with Peggy.

What in hell makes you think that an insurance-friendly practitioner has any teeth and force you to go back to work? This is where personal injury lawyers take over and adverstise all ove the city in buses and highway signs. "Have you been denied a claim by your insurance or boss because their doctors said that you are okay? Call us immediately".

If these insurance-friendly chiropractors had any teeth, there wouldn't be anybody receiving benefits and payouts and the Ins companies wouldn't be crying about millions in losses.

Again, you have NO concept of reality my friend. NO law firm, will take on a case UNLESS there is a TORT case, (suing the other driver for their liability in the collision). Given that the OP hit the other guy, there simply is NO one to sue. Those law firms make their money on the outcome of the law suit, NOT for getting someone benefits, who is committing Insurance FRAUD, which is what your suggesting he do.

The insurer's Practitioners, carry 100% "teeth" as you put it. They write their report which is obviously insurer biased given that who is paying them. Once they give their opinion that the insured is "fit for work" then the insurer IMMEDIATELY refuses to pay a single penny more. Then a PI Law firm, would ire their "expert" at $6 - 10,000 PER expert to write a report for the insured, stating he is unable to work.

Then the law firm applies for "mediation" which is an additional cost of $10 - 15,000 PER day, to argue the point. UNLESS the OP had a VERY serious injury the mediator would rule for the insurer. Thus the insured party gets NO more funds and the law firm then comes looking to recoup the $25,000 they have put out of pocket, (which is why NO law firm would touch a case like this).

As I said, it is OBVIOUS you have NEVER been involved in a AB claim and instead are spouting off about crap you have NO idea about. So please STOP giving people, advice which is 100% FALSE!!! Let alone "counseling someone to commit an indictable offence" (Insurance fraud is an indictable offence) and to "counsel" someone to commit is also an indictable offence that YOU can be charged with. School is out class dismissed.

The reality distortion field is strong with Peggy.

+1

Again, you have NO concept of reality my friend. NO law firm, will take on a case UNLESS there is a TORT case, (suing the other driver for their liability in the collision). Given that the OP hit the other guy, there simply is NO one to sue. Those law firms make their money on the outcome of the law suit, NOT for getting someone benefits, who is committing Insurance FRAUD, which is what your suggesting he do.

The insurer's Practitioners, carry 100% "teeth" as you put it. They write their report which is obviously insurer biased given that who is paying them. Once they give their opinion that the insured is "fit for work" then the insurer IMMEDIATELY refuses to pay a single penny more. Then a PI Law firm, would ire their "expert" at $6 - 10,000 PER expert to write a report for the insured, stating he is unable to work.

Then the law firm applies for "mediation" which is an additional cost of $10 - 15,000 PER day, to argue the point. UNLESS the OP had a VERY serious injury the mediator would rule for the insurer. Thus the insured party gets NO more funds and the law firm then comes looking to recoup the $25,000 they have put out of pocket, (which is why NO law firm would touch a case like this).

As I said, it is OBVIOUS you have NEVER been involved in a AB claim and instead are spouting off about crap you have NO idea about. So please STOP giving people, advice which is 100% FALSE!!! Let alone "counseling someone to commit an indictable offence" (Insurance fraud is an indictable offence) and to "counsel" someone to commit is also an indictable offence that YOU can be charged with. School is out class dismissed.

+1

I wasnt talking about the OP's case this time. Im talking in general. My friend was rear ended from behind. It was a fender bender but he had back and neck injury he claimed. The insurance company also tried to pull a fast one on him with their own doctors stating that he could work. He resisted and fought them. He won the case after 2.5 years and not only collected 170,000 dollars for himself but also $48,000 for his 12 year old stepdaughter who was a passenger.

Again, insurance doctors have no teeth. And this time you are not going to tell me otherwise because I witnessed this.

Last edited:
Well it was YOU who advised the OP to "fake" an injury, just to "in essence" teach the insurer, as he was going to get screwed. Now suddenly, you throw in a case that no one here has the details on "claim" that proves your point. I knew someone who got nothing so that proves my point. I doubt your friend "resisted" on his own, likely hired a law firm and therefore, if the judgement was for $170,000 he didn't get anywhere near that amount in his pocket. Plus it COULD be your friend was ACTUALLY injured, unlike the OP who obviously, wasn't seriously injured. Your friend was also rear ended, so 100% not at fault, as in the case with the OP.

No idea when your "friends" case happened, in the event you haven't been paying attention, (which would be remarkable if you were, in the REAL world, and not your fantasy based existence), the way in which cases proceed through the system has changed DRAMATICALLY, with the rules changing 100% in favour of the insurers, as of Jul 2016. So go read the Insurance Act, go talk to ANY personal injury lawyer, and they will ALL advise you, your 100% WRONG, and TRYING to blow smoke up everyone's butt. Again, class dismissed, school is out.

SO, if you still feel your right. bully on you, Your not even in the same universe on comparing these two cases, come back when you can show us someone who was at fault, not injured and still got a huge payout. Your sense of reality is sooooo far off base it is incredible that your able to navigate through life daily.

I wasnt talking about the OP's case this time. Im talking in general. My friend was rear ended from behind. It was a fender bender but he had back and neck injury he claimed. The insurance company also tried to pull a fast one on him with their own doctors stating that he could work. He resisted and fought them. He won the case after 2.5 years and not only collected 170,000 dollars for himself but also $48,000 for his 12 year old stepdaughter who was a passenger.

Again, insurance doctors have no teeth. And this time you are not going to tell me otherwise because I witnessed this.

come back when you can show us someone who was at fault, not injured and still got a huge payout. Your sense of reality is sooooo far off base it is incredible that your able to navigate through life daily.

Jesus Christ man, my hands and my feet don't have enough fingers or toes to count the amount of people who DIDN'T get injured and got a whack of a payout, even a tap on the fender netted them $20k. This is the reason why you guys in the insurance industry raised the rates and whine all the time, remember?

If what you say is true that now nobody gets anything, then what are you waiting for to slash insurance rates in half?

"us guys in the insurance industry"...lol yet another falsehood created by you in your fantasy world. I am NOT employed in nor ever have been in the insurance industry. I said post a recent case where this happened, and I am not talking about what you "heard" show us the court case, your quoting from as it is all PUBLIC record. You didn't or can't epic fail my friend. Back to your fantasies.

Jesus Christ man, my hands and my feet don't have enough fingers or toes to count the amount of people who DIDN'T get injured and got a whack of a payout, even a tap on the fender netted them $20k. This is the reason why you guys in the insurance industry raised the rates and whine all the time, remember?

If what you say is true that now nobody gets anything, then what are you waiting for to slash insurance rates in half?

Score one for Peggy: "[FONT=&quot]Insurance fraud is prevalent in Ontario. In particular, car insurance fraud is a big problem. Fraudulent activity is one of the leading causes of high car insurance rates. It’s estimated to cost the insurance industry about [/FONT]$1.3 billion[FONT=&quot] a year in Ontario.[/FONT]"

Score one for Peggy: "[FONT="]Insurance fraud is prevalent in Ontario. In particular, car insurance fraud is a big problem. Fraudulent activity is one of the leading causes of high car insurance rates. It’s estimated to cost the insurance industry about [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontarians-pay-highest-car-insurance-in-canada-1.1056426"]$1.3 billion[/URL][FONT="] a year in Ontario.[/FONT]"

Yeah I know that, but there is NO ONE ELSE to blame but insurance companies for this. They wanted a monopoly and they bribed politicians to make it mandatory for vehicles to carry insurance in 1976. But they didn't count with the fact that wise guys were going to come and milk them dry with fake injuries and staged accidents. In the 1990's friends would stage rear-endings and they would make sure they had their car full with people. Everyone got money $$$. Now that the insurance companies are taking heavy losses (well that's their words, there are no losses, they just don't make more billions in profits) they want to punish the honest, good drivers like me.

Don't look for sympathy from me, they are just as crooked as the wise guys staging accidents out there.

I know this lady that is a good driver and she was sent to facility by these guys. Why? It was snowing one day and she slid off the street and hit a hydro pole. Her car got a little damaged, nothing happened to the hydro pole. 7 months later she and another woman backed into each other at a parking lot. Both incidents were registered as "at fault" accidents. She was dropped by her insurance. C'mon really?

I know this lady that is a good driver and she was sent to facility by these guys. Why? It was snowing one day and she slid off the street and hit a hydro pole. Her car got a little damaged, nothing happened to the hydro pole. 7 months later she and another woman backed into each other at a parking lot. Both incidents were registered as "at fault" accidents. She was dropped by her insurance. C'mon really?

Those are both the definition of at fault accidents Peggy. There always has to be at least one driver at fault, who should get the blame for those accidents? If it's too slippery to drive safely, you always have the choice of pulling over and waiting for better conditions.

Doesn't sound like she's a good driver. Driving beyond safe conditions and not looking backing up. Just sayin'.

No in Peggy's world she is an EXCELLENT driver..lol Next he will advise us that she got awarded $1.8 million for the reversing collision, after all she was getting screwed over by insurance so she "taught them"...lol

Back
Top Bottom