Get into Motorcycles now or wait until I move back to Calgary? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get into Motorcycles now or wait until I move back to Calgary?

throwaway

Moved to Toronto from Calgary for a 16 month internship that ends in Aug 2019 and then I'll be moving back to Calgary.

Reasons for waiting until I move back to Calgary are obvious; lower insurance, less hassle, etc.

However, Aug 2019 is pretty far away and I won't have as much free time or freedom after I move back home since I will be returning to school to finish up the last year of my degree while living with my parents.

I'm 29 years old and this is the first time I'm living away from my parents. I really enjoy the independence and want to go out more often on the weekends. I don't know if getting into motorcycles would really be any good for my social life. My previous hobby was firearms which if anything, had a negative effect on my social life.

Given my situation, do you think it would be better to pay the higher insurance to get into riding now while I have more freedom and free time or just save up and wait until I move back home?

I'd wait the 14 months. Take out the M-1, M-2 times and winter and it isn't a ton of saddle time. IMO

For consideration - if you’re living in a condo/apt, high risk of motorcycle theft from the underground garage.

Do you want to ride or don't you? If you do, then why wait? Sure, the ins. may be higher, but riding is riding.

I'd get a bike and start enjoying life, when you do go back to Calgary it will only get better.

Doesn't sound too different...
You must be at least 16-years old and have at minimum a Class 7 learner’s licence for a year.

If you already have a full Class 5 driver’s licence, you’ll need to take a Class 6 knowledge and road test.

If you don’t have a Class 5 or Class 7 licence, you’ll need to complete all the requirements of Class 7, pass a Class 6 knowledge and road test, and be placed in the GDL program before you can get a full Class 6 licence.

If you have a Class 5 or Class 7 licence, you’ll need to take a Class 6 knowledge and road test.

What class of Alberta lic. do you have?

I don't know if getting into motorcycles would really be any good for my social life.
My previous hobby was firearms which if anything, had a negative effect on my social life.

most chicks don't like guns
haven't met one yet that doesn't smile when talking about bikes

and you're over thinking this OP
you want a bike = should buy a bike

Get it now, before you move back in with your parents. Makes it harder for them to say "no, not while you're living in my house". ;-)

Buy now and if you buy a decent year 250 you can probably sell for the same price or just bit lower in two years. This way you don't even have to worry about transporting it back. And it's two years man, who knows what could happen...due to your awesome bike you you might knock up some chick and have to move to Sarnia or somewhere to set up shop...

Back
Top Bottom