Determining production numbers for bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Determining production numbers for bikes

JP0160

How would I go about finding how many of a certain bike were built? I've gotten as far as knowing my bike was the 5899th made in 1984, but I haven't found any info to show how many were actually made.

Depends on the manufacturer. If they're a public company, you may be able to find that information in their annual financial report for the year of your bike. There might be a breakdown of their production run by model.

What year and model is your bike?
Its an '84 V30 Honda Magna, I've googled every term I could think of but cant find any solid evidence on production numbers. I found an image that showed the range of vin#'s for the V65 and determined they made about roughly 6000 (USA) in 1984, but can't find a similar image for the V30. A friend and I were arguing on if the total production number makes a bike "rare" or not, and when that number changes the rarity vs the amount of years made, etc. Yes we've had a couple drinks and I know its a stupid question, lol.

Have you tried writing them and asking?

What is this, the stone age? :lmao: Just kidding, no I've just started looking tonight. Snail mail is not an option, but to be honest it might be a better route.
You could also email? Unless you got stamps lying around you're really into using...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom