Parts Online beside FortNine in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parts Online beside FortNine in Canada

sburns

Hey riders!

I am looking at some Kuryankyn lighting accessories but it seems FortNine doesn't have access to 1 item I am interested in.
What I am looking for are Fog lights or Engine guard lights.

MotoSport seems to be FortNine with a different skin.
TwistedThrottle doesn't have anything.
Dynamic - doesn't have it either, the site is kinda ******.

Where should I look for them online? Amazon?

Both Motovan and Parts Canada carry
Kuryankyn products, check with your local brick and mortar shop.

I prefer the online option as I already know what I want and the pricing is front and center.
I find the local shops are "old school" with pricing, pulling it out of the air. Give you one price, then you challenge them, they give you another. GP is pretty good, I'll try them if I can't get it online someplace.
I also support my HD shop well enough, in case some moans about abusing local shops vs online.

If you come armed with an online price and ask nicely letting them know you have shopped online....GP will come pretty darned close, and yes, sometimes supporting the brick and mortar guys is worthy.

If you come armed with an online price and ask nicely letting them know you have shopped online....GP will come pretty darned close, and yes, sometimes supporting the brick and mortar guys is worthy.

Yup. Everyone wants a motorcycle shop not far away when their bike is broken, but when their bike is running no one wants anything to do with them... People in the GTA have an abusive relationship with their local motorcycle biz.

Yup. Everyone wants a motorcycle shop not far away when their bike is broken, but when their bike is running no one wants anything to do with them... People in the GTA have an abusive relationship with their local motorcycle biz.

Which explains why there are so few left in the 416 - it costs money to keep the doors open and provide prompt service.
I see so many posts about people b*tching and complaining about local shops and then spending a week trying to save a couple of bucks buying online.
WHEN YOU HAVE THE OPTION, support your local businesses.

There's also Petes Superbike in Quebec...pretty much unbeatable for tires. Priced out a new set for my VTX last night (it's due, can't complain, got over 20K on my rear and over 40K on my front) and they were about $20 cheaper than FortNine, even after their "Saved $10 if you buy 2 tires at the same time" and "free shipping" promos.

Good thing HD has a dealer network all over the place.
Already mentioned I have and do support my local dealers. Lets keep the up roar to a minimum.

Right now I don't have much time to physically go there, see if they have access to the part, know what the hell they are talking about, then compare prices, then decide. I rather get the parts ordered then when my times free's up install them and ride.

Just adding my comments.

I try to buy locally, but often I have found some stores don't even carry the basic nuts & bolts, and have to be special ordered.I'm going tonight to pick up my "special" order of a single bolt that is common to the majority Yamaha motorcycles from my local shop. I ordered a spare for next time.

It can be frustrating. Time and effort to get out to them before they close, calling them up, etc. I support my local shops as much as I can, but there's also the convenience factor of ordering something and having it delivered in 1-3 days.. FortNine really made local stores like GPBikes and Royal Distributing up their online game, but there is still a gap there.

I guess we are lucky to still have shops locally compared to other areas of the country

I tried Amazon they only had a limited selection of Kuryankyn parts. I found the one I was looking for but it was priced to high.

GP had the part and they offered a good price on it. Turned out I also needed some other part which they priced matched to Fortnine.
Seems like a win, and the parts will at the shop in a few days.

See I supported local!

Back
Top Bottom