pretty cool audio technology for helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

pretty cool audio technology for helmet

iblastoff

https://domiosports.com/

[video=youtube;aSeac2CZr-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSeac2CZr-c[/video]

essentially its something you mount on your helmet like a sena but it doesnt need speakers. it just plays vibrations through the helmet so you can listen to bluetooth gps/music/whatever but you can still hear road noise for safety.

personally i'm not interested in having an extra distraction but i know some people ride with music/audio gps/etc.

i saw these being demonstrated at the last #themotosocial ride-in but didnt get to try it myself. i think there are a few variations of this type of product but the others seem way more expensive.

distributor was on the forum looking for riders to try out the device
I volunteered, never did hear back from them, disappeared from the forum

there was also a discussion about the legality
there's a possibly of these devices being offside with HTA regs for helmets
same as the helmet mounted Go-Pros

I'm on their mailing list.
Kickstarter is a go

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Gotta love the reviews.

“I don’t know yet. I can’t get it to work right”
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

**** off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love the reviews.

“I don’t know yet. I can’t get it to work right”
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

**** off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, what does the review even mean?

Highly recommending a product that you (the reviewer) can't get to work right and is unsure of whether you like it?

Sounds credible.

I would be interested in trying it to see how it compares. I think that will be their biggest hurdle getting people to believe in a somewhat new technology, at least when it comes to audio in your helmet. Would love to see a manufacture actually integrate it into the helmet, hate attachments on a helmet.

You have been able to buy similar gadgets for years (basically a vibrating mass that you place on a surface to act as a speaker). Every one I heard sounded absolutely awful. It was a cool novelty gadget, but the same money spent on a conventional speaker was a much better plan.

I haven't heard this gadget, but don't expect much different. It doesn't know the stiffness, mass or shape of the object it is attached to, so it blasts a signal and something comes out related to what went in but not remotely the same. That may be good enough for a bike as it isn't the most pristine listening environment.

The review saying they can't get it to work are the most troubling. For this type of device, ease of use and interface are everything. Getting the driver coupled to the helmet shell is almost a trivial task.

Don't waste your money.

Pioneer Wayz + are really nice.

Rayz are roughly the same price and I have infinitely more faith in them (in terms of sound quality, longevity and function). Although Rayz are iphone only? Huge boo.

Edit:
From domio website:
Resonance frequency: 300-19000 Hz, SPL: 90 dB @ 1kHz (resonance freq?, SPL at what input level and what distance? Hopefully that's not max level as that's terrible for motorsports)

review on domio website:
The sound quality is awesome, bass response is great (I am sure they have great bass response when they are only reproducing above 300 Hz :/ )

It looks like they followed through with giving away some units to people as the ratings are pretty damned high for something that people paid over $100 for.

Last edited:
It looks like they followed through with giving away some units to people as the ratings are pretty damned high for something that people paid over $100 for.

I'm guessing the dude that gave it a 5 star rating
even though it doesn't work
was one of the freebie bros

not sure why people are hung up on ONE review on that site. there at least 10+ pages of reviews on there and the majority are pretty positive. also, these reviews are probably for the first domio (non-pro) version. the new version is supposed to be slightly larger (im not sure if that means its more powerful or not though)

i'm sure the quality of audio can vary depending on your helmet. just like pretty much any speaker will vary depending on the environment they're in.

Last edited:
Interesting concept but I wonder how it actually works in real world environment with traffic, wind and your bike noise. And how much the sound from this device wins over wind noise.

Back
Top Bottom