What's your dream production bike? (Practical, or totally impractical?) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your dream production bike? (Practical, or totally impractical?)

I'd love to have a '69-'73 Honda CB750. The bike that pretty well destroyed the British motorcycle manufacturers! Also, totally impractical, but I'd love a first gen Ducati M900. I know that compared to today's bikes it has lack-luster performance, sub-par paint, an insane service schedule and is finicky to say the least, but it was the first non-cruiser bike that gave me a raging boner and what turned me onto standard styled motorcycles. The practical side of me won't let me stray from my trusty Japanese bikes but I'd love to have one if I had the money to keep it running right and another bike to ride when it was needing some love.

If the one you're thinking of has carbon-fibre body panels and relocated oil cooler then yes, it's a MH900e.

I think its grey? But the seat is more cafe racerish

I think its grey? But the seat is more cafe racerish

Okay, then it's probably a Paul Smart 1000:

ducati-paul-smart-1000-special-edition-gp_amf-001.jpg

Nice specs, but put the RR bodywork back on, please...

I can hear that song now.....you can leave your hat on. No,take it off please.
[video=youtube;UrRhkY9CIz8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrRhkY9CIz8[/video]

I'd love to have a '69-'73 Honda CB750. The bike that pretty well destroyed the British motorcycle manufacturers! ...
Had a 73 CB750SS as my daily in the early 80s - it's one of my most missed bikes, I will get another some day.

Mine was 13 years old and had 50,000KM on the dial when I got it. It wasn't as fast as my H2, but it was close and it started and ran every day -- uncommong for any motorcycle in those days. The only real competition was from Kawi (Z1 and H2) but those were not common. The the the first time I got smoked was from a guy on a CBX - not even close.

MH900's are becoming less visible, if you follow the history, they were made during some really dark days for ducati financially and the parts/engine components can be different in the same production run . Think "use what we got in the warehouse". And getting parts can be a really expensive deal

I'd like a JANUS please, the one that looks like a Brough. But yes its a long way from 'production'

MH900's are becoming less visible, if you follow the history, they were made during some really dark days for ducati financially and the parts/engine components can be different in the same production run . Think "use what we got in the warehouse". And getting parts can be a really expensive deal

That could be said for most any time of Ducati's history. They're ALWAYS broke and building "parts bin" specials.

That could be said for most any time of Ducati's history. They're ALWAYS broke and building "parts bin" specials.

But to me they are special, I've owned them and will undoubtedly have another once I out grow my current british fascination.

I'd have 4!

Street: 2018 CB1000R (once it's out)
Track: RSV4
Touring: Africa Twin
Joke bike: Grom haha

Back
Top Bottom