TMP Tech Inspection

Thread: TMP Tech Inspection

TMP Tech Inspection

Tried to find tech info on their website with no luck; does TMP require you zip-tie the kickstand? I'm pretty short (can barely touch ground with race plastics on) so putting bike on a stand after each session isn't going to be a great experience

Also, what are your thoughts on this rule? My personal opinion is that if the spring is strong and kickstand snaps back, it should be fine.

Re: TMP Tech Inspection

You should zip tie it.

Get yourself a cheap front wheel chock from princess auto, ride straight into it after your session.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
    Also, what are your thoughts on this rule? My personal opinion is that if the spring is strong and kickstand snaps back, it should be fine.
    Tech is standard.
    Look at brake pads, ensure tires are in good condition, no coolant, lenses and glass all taped, throttle snaps back quickly, levers function, pegs are tight, chain in decent condition, Etc.

Kickstand dependent on track day provider.
    Your opinion means nothing if it doesn't agree with track day organizers. They say it has to be a certain way, just accept it and move on. Don't assume to know better. Some organizers take black flags much more serious than others.

Learn to use a rear stand. If that's such a challenge, bring a rear stand and a bunch of zip ties. Step down on kickstand hard at end of session. Break zip tie. Put bike on stand. Put on new zip tie. Repeat.

__________________________________________________ ________
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    - Albert Einstein or Alexandre Dumas or Elbert Hubbard.. take your pick.

I haven't been to TMP for years, so I can't say for sure one way or the other. It might depend on who is running the track day. I do recall tying up my side stand for one track or another, might have been TMP.

In any case, TMP is a bumpy track. If your side stand isn't tied up and the side stand kill switch is operable, there's a chance that you could get engine misses over the larger bumps. If the side stand spring is weak enough, I suppose the side stand could be extended while riding . . . most unwanted at the next left.

Thanks for the help/advice. Definitely have a few options to consider, I like the wheel chock idea since I can use it in the garage/other track days as well.
    Maybe I'll cheap out and slap on zip tie for each session and cut them off after. Last thing I want to do is drop the bike trying to get off it

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
    Thanks for the help/advice. Definitely have a few options to consider, I like the wheel chock idea since I can use it in the garage/other track days as well.
    Maybe I'll cheap out and slap on zip tie for each session and cut them off after. Last thing I want to do is drop the bike trying to get off it
    If you are really cheap just use the wall at TMP to rest your bike on with the handle bars.

Seriously just get rid of the kickstand. You won’t miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post

Seriously just get rid of the kickstand. You won’t miss it.

This ^^ I kept scraping mine when I was at TMP. made for a nice spark show though...

I never bothered cutting mine off, when if you kick hard enough, the zip ties snap right off.
    My other car is a reservation. Tesla Semi

All good advice.Just get rid of it.If you go down (you will some day)you don't want it held there with a little zip tie ready to be broken...flip out...and impale you or someone else.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

2017 CRF250 Rally
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175

Rick, we really need to discuss the way you ride if this is a regular issue.... j/k
    64 degrees of lean? Pffff I do 90.

- 2015 R1
    - 2010 VFR 1200F

Reciprocity isn't the only one that knows "upside down and sideways"
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

2017 CRF250 Rally
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175