This is what I was afraid of..... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This is what I was afraid of.....

Just curious why this is generally a huge mistake ?

Seems to be a common practice from speaking with people who buy/sell lots of items ? (Genuinely asking as I'm in the process of selling a vehicle myself and obviously want to stay within the letter of the law)

Cars have a book value the MTO goes by, so doesn't matter if you sell for less than it's value. Bikes do not have a book value as far as the MTO is concerned. Tax is paid on the sale price, whatever that may be.

Selling anything else? ;)
Yes.
But I have to make that $50 back on the next sale.
You interested? Lol

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Huge mistake! and probably right about now you know why.

Actually it's in his favor. If he wasn't nice, he could say that they better pay the $200 or when the letter comes from the MTO asking what price was paid, he tells the MTO the full pop. They can then pay the difference in tax and the fine.

Just curious why this is generally a huge mistake ?

Seems to be a common practice from speaking with people who buy/sell lots of items ? (Genuinely asking as I'm in the process of selling a vehicle myself and obviously want to stay within the letter of the law)

Beyond the fact that you just documented cheating on taxes :/ if it comes to a third party judgement on who still owes what against the vehicle, as the seller you have agreed to a lesser amount of money, good luck collecting any more then the amount you signed off on.

UVIP only has the city, but the ownership does have the full address and name. I meant for random stuff to meet elsewhere. Also the first time I meet someone for a vehicle, it would be somewhere other than home. If they end up being serious, then meet at home.

I will say I've had mostly good experiences selling on Kijiji. Lot's of "is it still for sale" and when I reply "yes" with a list of dates/times I am available I never hear from them again. Par for the course. Most things I've sold for asking price. They come, see it, like it, pay for it and leave and I never hear from them again. But that is mostly guitar gear for $1,000 or less. This was my first time selling a vehicle. It made me realize why I have bought all of my vehicles from dealerships. Yes, I know I'm not getting the best price, but there has never been any hassle. I'd rather pay more for the convenience.

Now that this sale is over and done with, I have a 2011 Sachs MadAss 125 for sale with 1,271km. A few marks from being constantly moved around the garage and tipped over once or twice, but everything is in good working order.

Yeah, because OP will go to the court over $200 .... Seriously man, let it go and stop pestering people about declared value of their bikes on every single thread.
Dude, read the thread, we don't know what he wrote the bill of sale for and why do you post totally made up off topic crap like that.

It’s a life lesson. Move on.

If you agree to write the bill of sale less than what was agreed. Then allow the buyer to IOU $300. That’s just asking for the buyer not to pay you.

You’re lucky you got an extra $100 from the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised you even got 100 later on. Add never goes down until you get the cash.

Try selling dirt bikes, the scum of the earth comes out of the Kijiji dungeon to play.

I am done with games on Kijiji, posted one of my dirt bikes about 300 above what I wanted , bike was in great shape and the price was well within market , never even one person came to see the bike, just a bunch of dreamers and low balllers.

Decided to reduce the price to what I originally wanted and said no negotiating, price is the price, got a few low balls and then a guy came to see it and bought it without no discussion on price.

Moral of the story is when selling , post what you want, if someone wants it they will buy it at the price you want, the right buyer will always come around as long as the price is fair and comparable to other adds. If you are in a rush to sell then be prepared to give your stuff away

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

as far as im concerned all private sales are AS-IS, so if the wheels fall off the bike after I roll it off your driveway its my fault for not checking. Dont have the knowledge of experience to inspect used bikes? no problem! there are many out there that will do it for a fee. dont feel like paying the fee?? no problem! proceed at your own risk and don't cry when the wheels fall off

OP - I wouldn't worry too much about it, as far as your $300 goes i'd write it off as the cost of a learning experience, to be honest I was a little surprised he sent you the first $100...

lastly selling private isn't that bad, it sucks that you had a bad experience with it, but hopefully you learned from it and will conduct yourself accordingly next time

I just bought a $200 rear rack for the Bandit 650. $40 on Kijiji North bay. Emailed asking if he would do $60 shipped. Sent address for him to get shipping cost and I would pay. Next I heard was "it's $60 and already shipped. Just send cash when it arrives" sweet deal and love the rack. Side note it is illegal to send cash through the mail or so the very upset post office guy told me when I tried.

I have had a lot of people ask me to deliver my Z750 or the Scooter I'm selling to Quebec.
Illegal to send cash through the mail?

Not illegal AFAIK, just not advisable. Just make sure it's not "visible"....wrap it in a piece of paper.

Not illegal AFAIK, just not advisable. Just make sure it's not "visible"....wrap it in a piece of paper.
If I ever send gift cards (or if I thought if sending cash) I add a piece of thin cardboard (think the type at the back of a pad of paper or the one in a pack of napkins) to help "disguise" what is in the envelope.
I also use security envelopes (the ones that you can't see through if held up to light).

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom